Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brad Keselowski comments...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Brad Keselowski comments... Empty
PostSubject: Brad Keselowski comments...   Brad Keselowski comments... EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 2:44 pm

Not actually about RPM, but has some revealing comments.

Quote :
CONCORD, N.C. – Brad Keselowski said Friday afternoon that he doesn’t have a crew chief lined up for either his Sprint Cup or Nationwide teams yet at Penske Racing next year, but that doesn’t mean there hasn’t been interest.

Keselowski said Penske has received “a large influx of interest” from people in all varieties of positions at other teams, namely Richard Petty Motorsports.

“I think that whole team is scared to death [of losing their jobs],” Keselowski said of RPM. “That whole company is scared. Everybody who works there is scared. We’ve got a lot of interest from some of their people.”

Keselowski, who has driven for JR Motorsports in the Nationwide Series and part-time for Hendrick Motorsports in Sprint Cup, said no one from either team will be allowed to follow him to Penske.

Keselowski also said he told the Penske organization recently that it is “about 100 people short of where they need to be to compete with Hendrick.” He said there are 550 people for four-and-a-half Cup teams at Hendrick and slightly fewer than 300 people for three Cup teams and two Nationwide teams at Penske.

That’s all part of a difference in philosophy between himself and Penske Racing, Keselowski said.

“We both have to change” to meet in the middle, he said. “We’re going to have to work together. It can’t be on one end.”

Keselowski is optimistic team owner Roger Penske will see his point of view, because he said Penske tried to recruit him to the team “four or five times.”

The driver said he turned down the legendary car owner on multiple occasions but finally became convinced that he was truly wanted.
~Scene Daily~

"Scared" is not a word that you want to hear describing the members of your team. This does not sound good for RPM...
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Brad Keselowski comments...   Brad Keselowski comments... EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 4:47 am

The more I hear him speak and read about him, the less I like him. He is a punk ass kid, and he is going to come in and tell Roger Penske how to build an organization? Tell him he needs to make additional hires (especially in this economy)? He's a joke.

As far as the RPM people, he is probably talking about the engine department guys and such.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Brad Keselowski comments...   Brad Keselowski comments... EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 7:39 am

eehwkram wrote:
The more I hear him speak and read about him, the less I like him. He is a punk ass kid, and he is going to come in and tell Roger Penske how to build an organization? Tell him he needs to make additional hires (especially in this economy)? He's a joke.

As far as the RPM people, he is probably talking about the engine department guys and such.
Ditto on all counts. Sounds like another Kyle Busch only worst.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Brad Keselowski comments...   Brad Keselowski comments... EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 6:07 pm

Brad is going to be exactly like Kyle Busch, because he's going to be feeding off all his haters when he wins... just like Kyle does. Brad Keselowski comments... Icon_wink

The only difference is, Brad's style of driving reminds me of drivers from the old days because he can get wins out of lesser cars (compared to the JGR advantage in Nationwide). And I am actually a fan of his, unlike Busch. I think he's the right guy to drive for Penske next season, and just because someone is an accomplished car owner doesn't mean they're always right. Just look at the nosedive Yates took. Brad Keselowski comments... Icon_razz

As for RPM, I agree that it sounds like a scary situation.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Brad Keselowski comments...   Brad Keselowski comments... EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 6:17 pm

eehwkram wrote:

Thats isn't anything new. It doesn't matter where you are working , when you hear about a LAYOFF about to happen, YOU BET YOU WILL BECOME DAM WORRIED.i
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brad Keselowski comments...   Brad Keselowski comments... Empty

Back to top Go down

Brad Keselowski comments...
Page 1 of 1