Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010

Go down 
+2
Yatesracing
TeamBlueOval
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010   Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 11:23 am

Quote :
Gilliland to drive for BAM Racing at Daytona: BAM Racing announced today that David Gilliland will drive the #49 Warner Music Nashville/Larry the Cable Guy Toyota Camry at the 2010 Daytona 500. This season marks Gilliland's fifth year in the Sprint Cup Series. "We're thrilled to have David driving for BAM," commented Beth Ann Morgenthau, owner of BAM Racing. "He's shown himself to be a competitive racer during his Sprint Cup career, and I am excited to have him drive the #49 Warner Music Nashville Camry at the Daytona 500. The combination of David's driving ability and the technical alliance with Robby Gordon Motorsports should produce great results at this year's Daytona 500!" According to Gilliland, "I'm really looking forward to competing for Beth Ann and the BAM Racing organization in the 2010 Daytona 500. I was excited after our meeting in Homestead when I learned that I was on their short list of potential drivers. Now that they announced their new affiliation with Robby Gordon Motorsports, I am confident that we will have a competitive team for the 500 and produce a great finish. Daytona has always been one of my favorite tracks, and I can't wait to take the green flag!" Gilliland is also excited about BAM Racing's sponsorship from Warner Music Nashville and having the opportunity to meet some of his favorite recording artists at Daytona International Speedway. "I know the goal is to provide unprecedented access to these talented artists for the fans, but I am pretty excited that I get to meet them as well," commented Gilliland. Warner Music Nashville stars Larry the Cable Guy, Blake Shelton, Gloriana, Whitney Duncan, Jessica Harp, James Otto, Jason Jones, and others will be featured on the #49 BAM Racing Toyota Camry and in the BAM Racing/Warner Music Nashville VIP Fan Experience throughout the 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup Season.(BAM Racing)

Last edited by TeamBlueOval on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010   Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 12:10 pm

I BELIEVE DAVID WILL BE IN THE #38 and back in a FORD, AFTER DAYTONA. JMO. we'll see. Wink
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010   Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 12:11 pm

...driving for who? The Yates/RPM stable is full. Roush is full. Front Row is full. The only Ford option that isn't already decided is the new 26 team.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010   Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 12:44 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
...driving for who? The Yates/RPM stable is full. Roush is full. Front Row is full. The only Ford option that isn't already decided is the new 26 team.
Predicting Front Row. Travis Teammate and the third car. I know I'm going out on a limb. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND THAT IS WHY i WANTED YOU TO GO AND READ THE FRONT ROW FORUM. This was something I heard a week ago and than I read these coments on the FR Forum and I had to smile. We will have to just wait and see. I KNOW ITS A LONG SHOT.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010   Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 12:51 pm

From what this FRM Fan has said after going over to the FR Shop BUSY BUSY BUSY
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: hERE IT IS- dAVID BACK iN A FORD????   Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Front Row Motorsports Adds Third Sprint Cup Entry: Front Row Motorsports announced during the Charlotte Motor Speedway Media Tour that they will enter a third full-time Ford Fusion in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. The team will enter the #38 Ford for drivers David Gilliland and Robert Richardson Jr. Gilliland will drive the Ford Fusion for the majority of the season with Taco Bell colors. A crew chief for the car will be named soon. Richardson Jr. will race the #38 Mahindra USA Tractors Ford in the Daytona 500, the Aaron's 499 in April at Talladega Superspeedway and the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway in July. Richardson Jr. will be making his second start at the Sprint Cup level, but first at Daytona. In October 2009, the 27-year-old native of McKinney, Texas, finished 18th in his NSCS debut at Talladega Superspeedway. He has more than 45 Nationwide Series starts and 20 Camping World Truck Series starts to his credit as well. Gilliland comes to the team with four years of Sprint Cup experience having raced at Yates Racing, TRG Motorsports and Joe Gibbs Racing. This is the first season Front Row Motorsports, based in Statesville, N.C., will field three full-time programs. The teams will be supported by Ford Racing and Roush/Yates Engines. "This is the result of a lot of hard work during the off-season," said Bob Jenkins, team owner. "We feel really good about building our program with veteran leadership and some young talent, too. The final piece is to find additional major sponsorship. We feel we've built a strong base and this season we're looking to continue our momentum with a solid program."(Front Row Motorsports/Breaking Limits)(1-19-2010
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010   Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 2:49 pm

Yatesracing wrote:
Front Row Motorsports Adds Third Sprint Cup Entry: Front Row Motorsports announced during the Charlotte Motor Speedway Media Tour that they will enter a third full-time Ford Fusion in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. The team will enter the #38 Ford for drivers David Gilliland and Robert Richardson Jr. Gilliland will drive the Ford Fusion for the majority of the season with Taco Bell colors. A crew chief for the car will be named soon. Richardson Jr. will race the #38 Mahindra USA Tractors Ford in the Daytona 500, the Aaron's 499 in April at Talladega Superspeedway and the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway in July. Richardson Jr. will be making his second start at the Sprint Cup level, but first at Daytona. In October 2009, the 27-year-old native of McKinney, Texas, finished 18th in his NSCS debut at Talladega Superspeedway. He has more than 45 Nationwide Series starts and 20 Camping World Truck Series starts to his credit as well. Gilliland comes to the team with four years of Sprint Cup experience having raced at Yates Racing, TRG Motorsports and Joe Gibbs Racing. This is the first season Front Row Motorsports, based in Statesville, N.C., will field three full-time programs. The teams will be supported by Ford Racing and Roush/Yates Engines. "This is the result of a lot of hard work during the off-season," said Bob Jenkins, team owner. "We feel really good about building our program with veteran leadership and some young talent, too. The final piece is to find additional major sponsorship. We feel we've built a strong base and this season we're looking to continue our momentum with a solid program."(Front Row Motorsports/Breaking Limits)(1-19-2010
ONE THING I'M NOT PLEASED ABOUT-----David not racing at the Daytona and Dega races.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010   Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 7:50 pm

I stand corrected. Good call.

Congrats to David... I wish them luck, think they're going to need it!
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010   Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 8:02 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
I stand corrected. Good call.

Congrats to David... I wish them luck, think they're going to need it!
Agree
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010   Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 12:33 am

Glad to see David got a ride. Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Merri

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010   Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 1:57 pm

Heard the GM of FRM on Sirius yesterday. They have made a commitment to David and to Ford that there will be no start and parks. They are also trying to work deals so that all all three cars will have points. They are also receiving support from Ford.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010   Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:10 pm

I heard that conversation on Sirus as well. Part of the agreement for Ford to provide technical support was they would not start and park. Ford doesn't want to be shelling out the money to help them if they're going to be parking the cars.

I hope it all works out...
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010   Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:14 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
I heard that conversation on Sirus as well. Part of the agreement for Ford to provide technical support was they would not start and park. Ford doesn't want to be shelling out the money to help them if they're going to be parking the cars.

I UNDERSTOOD only Tech Help will be provided. ANDREW- IS THAT HOW YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT FORDS INVOLVEMENT WILL BE..
Back to top Go down
Merri

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010   Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:17 pm

Yatesracing wrote:
TeamBlueOval wrote:

I UNDERSTOOD only Tech Help will be provided. ANDREW- IS THAT HOW YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT FORDS INVOLVEMENT WILL BE..

Tech Help = Support? No?
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010   Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:22 pm

That's what Travis Kvapil said... he said Ford wasn't directly giving them any money, only in the form of technical support. But, for a team like Front Row, every little bit helps.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010   Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:33 am

Gilliand and Mears are two guys that I don't understand why they keep getting hired............ atleast Mears isn't getting hired by top teams anymore- I still don't know why Gilliand got the ride at yates in the first place (yes I know about the miraculous win)
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010   Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Hopefully they are not expanding too quickly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010   Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gilliland to drive for BAM, Front Row Motorsports in 2010
Page 1 of 1