Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him

Go down 
+4
RacingDude
roosterrage
TeamBlueOval
eehwkram
8 posters
AuthorMessage
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him Empty
PostSubject: Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him   Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:22 pm

It sounds like Kasey Kahne isn't a given to leave RPM after this year.

NASCAR ARTICLE
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him   Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 2:25 pm

I still think he's going to look very seriously at leaving, unless they just produce spectacular results this year. Hopefully things will settle down at RPM and they will be able to keep Kasey, but I still have my doubts...
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him   Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 4:01 pm

This organization has to become MUCH more consistent for Kasey to stay, especially if a ride like the 29 opens up after this year.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him   Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 4:06 pm

The 29 finishes 19th in points last year. Kasey made the Chase.

How would that be a step up? bounce
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

PostSubject: Re: Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him   Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

RCR was just off last year- they had all in the Chase and were real contenders the year before and are most seasons.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him   Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:06 am

^ Agreed. I fully expect them to bounce back to being in the Chase this year.

It'd be bad for RPM if they lose Kasey, so they better be trying everything they can to keep him! Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
38RYR8890

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him   Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 9:54 am

I think Kasey wants to be in the "Nascar Click" something the Ford drivers have never been in. Look for him to go to a Chevy team. JMO
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him   Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 2:46 am

If I may ask a question Question
What's the deal with Kasey? Is there a problem with him driving a Ford or driving for RPM?
If you would be so kind to clear this up for me. .... thanks a bunch Smile
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him   Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 12:19 pm

Kasey has been unhappy with all the instability at Evernham Motorsports/Gillett-Evernham Motorsports/Richard Petty Motorsports. Every year for the past several years, there have been major changes in management/ownership at the team and Kasey just doesn't feel like the team can get better when it is always in such a state of unrest. I think the major problem is stability for Kasey. He has also complained a little about performance, but 2 wins and in the Chase is pretty good performance, so I'm not sure if that is really the issue.

I don't think Ford has anything to do with him wanting away from RPM. But, if they do get some stability and a good management structure (and are able to perform at a high level), I think he might stay on after this year.

We'll just have to see.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him   Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 2:35 am

Andrew, Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953

PostSubject: Re: Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him   Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 10:49 pm

Good practice Kasey. Now lets see what his comments will be about practice time .
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

PostSubject: Re: Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him   Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 1:32 pm

I caught Kasey on the NASCAR Media Day broadcast on NASCAR.com yesterday. He said it is going to be good to work with the guys at Roush who have won so much, and I think he mentioned Carl Edwards as really working to help RPM out. Kasey said the decision of him staying or going will be based on performance- thus, he won't know for a while what he will be doing until he sees how the performance is. He also said that him not having it signed in paper could become a distraction, but he is going to remained focused.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him   Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:30 pm

That was a very positive sounding interview from Kasey. He mentioned both Carl and Greg Biffle, I believe, as being especially helpful to his RPM guys as they made the transition to Ford. I think it's great that all of the Ford guys are working together. Hopefully it's going to be a great year...

Have seen a few media people choose Kasey Kahne as a championship contender this year... that is a good sign IMO.
Back to top Go down
alum98

alum98

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him   Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:10 am

Ford needs to keep Kasey! We need some young blood!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/alum98
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him   Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him Empty

Back to top Go down

Kahne to give RPM a chance to keep him
Page 1 of 1