Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona

Go down 
+2
DeeDee
TeamBlueOval
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona   Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 4:28 pm

Quote :
CONCORD, N.C. – JR Motorsports will field two cars in the season-opening Nationwide Series race at Daytona International Speedway, and new driver Danica Patrick could be driving one of them.

Full-time driver Kelly Bires, meanwhile, might not be racing at Daytona.

Because of sponsorship, Dale Earnhardt Jr. will drive the team’s No. 88 Hellmann’s car, which Bires is scheduled to drive for much of the season.

Patrick may drive the No. 7 car, team co-owner Kelley Earnhardt said Wednesday during the Charlotte Motor Speedway media tour.

Patrick and the team will not decide whether she will run the Feb. 13 Nationwide race until after she competes in the Feb. 7 Automobile Racing Club of America event. Bires or Mark Martin would likely drive the car if Patrick does not.

Click here to read the rest, mostly about Danica
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona   Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:59 am

Surprised Oh well!
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona   Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 6:22 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona   Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:16 am

This has to be frustrating for Bires... he NEEDS to be running all of the races. If Danica doesn't run in the 7 car, they better stick Kelly in there and NOT Mark Martin!
Back to top Go down
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona   Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:06 am

i thought i had heard that danica wasn't going to run daytona in the NW series & she would be at california, i hope kelly gets to drive that race!
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona   Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:21 am

The more I think about this, the more upset I get. Mad
Ya know sponsors will want Danica over Kelly..... the heck with driving skill. affraid
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona   Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:30 am

Yep, just another way to screw over a hungry driver with potential. Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona   Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:36 am

so true Sad
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona   Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Guys like Bires and Sorenson should be running the whole schedule. What has happened to Stephen Leicht too? Is he still part time in the 29?He should be full-time as well.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona   Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 3:32 pm

RCR has no sponsorship; therefore, as of right now, NO Nationwide races for Leicht or anyone else at RCR.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona   Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 2:01 am

i read on jayski that danica will run....so Kelly gets the shaft once again. if danica wants to run (given she did well in the ARCA race) then jr. should let kelly into the 88! fat chance, i guess jr needs the seat time Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona   Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 3:10 am

Quote :
UPDATE: Danica Patrick will enter Saturday's Nationwide Series race at Daytona International Speedway, a source close to the situation told ESPN.com on Sunday. The IndyCar Series star who is beginning the transition to NASCAR made the decision after finishing sixth in Saturday's ARCA debut at DIS. An official announcement will be made on Monday. Patrick will be guaranteed a spot in the field using the points Brad Keselowski accumulated in the #88 for JR Motorsports last season. Patrick's biggest reservation about Daytona was keeping JR Motorsports teammate Kelly Bires out of the event and perhaps costing a driver competing for the championship valuable points if she makes a mistake.(ESPN.com)(2-7-2010)

<SOB> I guess I'm not surprised. Yeah right JR needs the seat time. AKA sponsors want JR in the seat. Rolling Eyes Poor Kelly. Mad
Hopefully JR will let Kelly drive for someone else if there is a seat available.
I applaud Danica for being concerned about Kelly loosing valuable points. I wish Jr would step up and run a 3rd car. It's not like he can't afford it.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona   Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:33 pm

I wish we could see what Kelly could do in the ride at Daytona but not to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona   Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona Empty

Back to top Go down

Bires or Danica, NOT both, in Daytona
Page 1 of 1