Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bires may not have full ride?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Bires may not have full ride? Empty
PostSubject: Bires may not have full ride?   Bires may not have full ride? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:01 pm

Quote :
Danica to JR Motorsports not a done deal; partial schedule for #88 next year? Dale Earnhardt Jr. says a deal to put Danica Patrick in his Nationwide Series car isn't imminent, and even if it were, JR Motorsports wouldn't necessarily have the funding for the IndyCar Series' most popular driver. Multiple media outlets have reported in recent weeks that Patrick was on the verge of signing with JRM for a part-time Nationwide schedule next season while continuing to run the Indy Racing League. Patrick and JRM share a sponsor in GoDaddy.com, but Earnhardt says it doesn't make the deal a cinch. "We've had a relationship with GoDaddy, so that makes us look like a nice fit, but they're moving (next year), so we don't really have it anymore," Earnhardt said after Sprint Cup practice Friday at Phoenix International Raceway. "We're having to search around." JRM's #88 Chevy currently driven by Brad Keselowski is sponsored by GoDaddy.com, but the company will move to Cup next year to back the #5 Chevy of Mark Martin at Hendrick Motorsports, which has an alliance with JRM. Earnhardt says JRM has only "three-quarters to half a season" of sponsors for the #88 in 2010. "We basically started this summer with nothing for our program," he said. "I don't even have that car full, and it's worrying me, some of the programs we're trying to talk to just can't commit. So I'm not sure JR Motorsports will field a full time ride next year at all. Which is OK. "We'll still be able to keep employing the people who work there, and they'll go to the racetrack, just not every week. It wouldn't bother me to skip some of them tracks, anyway."(USA Today)(11-13-2009)
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Bires may not have full ride?   Bires may not have full ride? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:01 pm

whoa- Jr. can't use his star power?
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Bires may not have full ride?   Bires may not have full ride? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:39 pm

Yeah that's pretty surprising there. The last line of his quote bothers me...
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Bires may not have full ride?   Bires may not have full ride? EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 3:17 pm

roosterrage wrote:
Yeah that's pretty surprising there. The last line of his quote bothers me...

Me too... I think that's JR's mentality in Cup, too. Some weeks he just seems like he doesn't want to be at the track...
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bires may not have full ride?   Bires may not have full ride? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bires may not have full ride?
Page 1 of 1