Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MWR looking for sponsorship

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

MWR looking for sponsorship Empty
PostSubject: MWR looking for sponsorship   MWR looking for sponsorship EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 6:54 pm

Quote :
CORNELIUS, N.C. – Owner Michael Waltrip says his goal is to run the No. 99 Michael Waltrip Racing NASCAR Nationwide Series team in all 35 races, but there’s a chance the team could run only 27 events this season.

Waltrip said the team has sponsorship for 26 races – 14 for himself and 12 for Red Bull Racing’s Scott Speed. Waltrip will also run the April standalone race at Nashville Superspeedway, with or without a sponsor.

If sponsorship isn’t found for the remaining eight events, the No. 99 won’t run.

“We’re in the business to race these [Sprint] Cup cars,” Waltrip said. “[The Nationwide team] just supports that business. If there isn’t a sponsor on it, then it won’t go anywhere because it costs us money, and we don’t gain anything on it.”

The June 13 race at Kentucky Speedway is the first race the team could skip.

“I’ve talked them into letting me go to Nashville in April without a sponsor,” Waltrip said. “We’re working on getting me one. I’m going to go there without a sponsor for sure because I just love that city. The last time I was there, I won, so I want to try again.”

If sponsorship is found for the remaining races, MWR Sprint Cup driver David Reutimann or development driver Josh Wise would be entered, Waltrip said.

“We’re working on it,” he said. “It’s a work in progress.”
~Scene Daily~

I hope Josh Wise gets the ride if they find the sponsors.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: MWR looking for sponsorship   MWR looking for sponsorship EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 3:24 pm

Me too. Scott Speed is already running Cup; he doesn't need to do NW as well IMO.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: MWR looking for sponsorship   MWR looking for sponsorship EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:19 pm

for 2009 I would approve of him running in Nationwide.... especially with his limited experience..... why doesn't red bull step up and let scott speed do the rest? they seem to be loaded more than toyota
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MWR looking for sponsorship   MWR looking for sponsorship Empty

Back to top Go down

MWR looking for sponsorship
Page 1 of 1