Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Change coming to GWC rule

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Change coming to GWC rule Empty
PostSubject: Change coming to GWC rule   Change coming to GWC rule EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Quote :
NASCAR may tweak green-white-checker rule: NASCAR told all three series in Wednesday morning's safety meeting that the sanctioning body is looking at redefining the green-white-checker rule to finish races. In the past, when a caution occurred in the closing laps of a race, the field made one attempt at a green-white-checkered flag finish. Under the new rule, NASCAR will make sure the track is clean, run multiple green laps before waving the white and finally the checkered flag. Robin Pemberton, Vice President of Competition for NASCAR, used the analogy of Saturday night's multi-car wreck [in the Bud Shootout] in Turn 3 where the leaders came around to the white flag and Kevin Harvick led the field around to the track for the final lap. Pemberton said, "At least with the new rule they're going to race (one full lap of green) and then go on the white if we do this." The rule could go into effect for all three series as early as Thursday's qualifying races for the Daytona 500.(FoxSports)(2-10-2010)
~Jayski

Not sure that I exactly understand this, but I'm sure it will be clarified when enacted. BUT - I'm glad to see a change coming. The GWC rule needs to change because too many of these races are ending under yellow.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Change coming to GWC rule   Change coming to GWC rule EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 2:34 pm

This makes more sense - READ HERE

What it sounds like is they are going to "unlimited" attempts at a GWC. However, once you take the white flag, they will let them race back to the line if safe, then throw the caution after the leaders finish.

This would be great! I remember when the trucks did unlimited attempts at GWC... that was really fun to watch sometimes! lol
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Change coming to GWC rule   Change coming to GWC rule EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:00 pm

I like it! I'm impressed NASCAR is making so many changes that should be much better for the racing and everyone.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Change coming to GWC rule   Change coming to GWC rule EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 1:11 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
This makes more sense - READ HERE

What it sounds like is they are going to "unlimited" attempts at a GWC. However, once you take the white flag, they will let them race back to the line if safe, then throw the caution after the leaders finish.

This would be great! I remember when the trucks did unlimited attempts at GWC... that was really fun to watch sometimes! lol
It was FUN to watch. I was never a big fan of the GWC. Ditto what you said ... too many of these races are ending under yellow.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Change coming to GWC rule   Change coming to GWC rule EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 1:56 am

here's my idea of it

Quote :
“We have to try to hold on to some sort of integrity, and to me it can get a little bit like a circus,” Martin said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Change coming to GWC rule   Change coming to GWC rule EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 2:09 pm

3 attempts
Quote :
NASCAR Revises Green-White-Checkered Race Procedure: NASCAR announced a revision to one of its race procedures, allowing a maximum of three restart attempts prior to the White Flag under NASCAR's Green-White-Checkered flag finish. If the leader has taken the White Flag and the caution flag is displayed, the field is frozen and the race will not be restarted. Previously, there was only one restart attempt. The new procedure will be implemented beginning with today's running of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series' Gatorade Duel at Daytona and will apply to all three national series. NASCAR officials met with drivers and teams Wednesday at Daytona International Speedway to discuss the change and get their input. The announcement was made during the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series' drivers and crew chiefs meeting Thursday morning. "We want to do all we can to finish our races under green flag conditions  the fans want to see that and so do the competitors," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president of competition. "We felt that putting a cap at three attempts to finish the race under green is the way to go. It gives the fans what they want and it also gives the teams a better opportunity to prepare for their end of race strategy." The change amends procedure 9-14C of the 2010 NASCAR rulebook.(NASCAR)(2-11-2010)
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Change coming to GWC rule   Change coming to GWC rule EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:47 pm

ok three..... atleast there is an end.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Change coming to GWC rule   Change coming to GWC rule EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 3:08 am

3 attempts.... I think that's fair.
I'm happy to hear this. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change coming to GWC rule   Change coming to GWC rule Empty

Back to top Go down

Change coming to GWC rule
Page 1 of 1