Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A handful of money may buy a championship run

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

A handful of money may buy a championship run Empty
PostSubject: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Qualifying is a wash-out. Menard goes home in the first race of what was supposed to be a full season. Sad

Last edited by TeamBlueOval on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Mr.Right

Mr.Right

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:14 pm

That's too bad...he was fast in practice, too....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/mrright99
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Mr.Right wrote:
That's too bad...he was fast in practice, too....
Ditto
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:34 pm

Maybe not...

Bob Pockrass Twitter:
"Looks like Menard will get in Nwide race. These drivers "withdrew" - Fuller, Neuenberger, Setzer, Green, Kligerman."
Back to top Go down
Mr.Right

Mr.Right

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:38 pm

WoW!

I can see the S&Pers 'withdrawing'...but Kligerman??
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:40 pm

Quote :
Some shuffling after qualifying was rained out: 5 cars (#97-Fuller, #52-Neuenberger, #96-Setzer, #49-Green, and #42-Kligerman) withdrew. #97-Fuller was the only one that had made the race. With his withdrawal, #98-Menard gets in.(2-12-2010)
~Jayski

Unfortunately, I think Kligerman may be a start and parker in many races this year. That 42 car did the start and park deal quite often last season.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:41 pm

Mr.Right wrote:
WoW!

I can see the S&Pers 'withdrawing'...but Kligerman??
Kligerman also was a big shock
Back to top Go down
Mr.Right

Mr.Right

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Oh, I thought that team was being used by Penske as part of Parker Kligerman's development this season?
Anyways...Glad Menard is in!
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:50 pm

They have an "alliance" with Penske to put Kligerman in the ride. I don't think Penske is providing any support or funding, though.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 7:00 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
They have an "alliance" with Penske to put Kligerman in the ride. I don't think Penske is providing any support or funding, though.
Kligerman was on Sirius and sounded very positive so this comes as a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Merri

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:33 pm

Paul Menard and Jack Roush were able to toss a whole bunch of money at 5 teams to get them to withdraw, so that Paul would be in the race. Since the quals were canceled by rain, Menard was not going to be able to run for a championship.

One media member posted this on twitter

Many teams upset at whole situation. 1 who was bought out: "I need the money to survive - and I can't piss off the wrong people."

On his race line up page, Jayski made a note that 5 drivers withdrew

#97-Fuller, #52-Neuenberger, #96-Setzer, #49-Green, #42-Kligerman.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:35 pm

Hey... Jack Roush and John Menard are wealthy guys, so they can make things like this happen.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:49 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Hey... Jack Roush and John Menard are wealthy guys, so they can make things like this happen.
Andrew the minute I read about the withdrawal I knew a payout was being made. I thought it was Mernards father but I really didn't care who did the paying I was happy about it. Boy did I call that one and my son called me paranoid haha
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:56 pm

BTW why all the holloway booloo? Didn't Waltrip do just that 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Yatesracing wrote:

Huh?
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 8:59 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
coffee money
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:03 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Yatesracing wrote:

Huh?
When he didn't make the race and bought someones ride. Can't remember who the other team was I was to busy wishing DJ wouldn't make the race. PS--DJ didn't.

(holloway booloo -slang)
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:12 pm

<<<<<Hey... Jack Roush and John Menard are wealthy guys, so they can make things like this happen.>>>>>>>>Thinking a bit more about it ,if anyone is paying I think it was Mernards father . Roush is to cheap to be a part of that deal LOL
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:30 pm

I'd imagine that Jack was a part of it at least...

I'm not sure how the buying of rides after not making it has gone down in the past, but I know it has happened on numerous occasions over the past couple of years.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:17 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
I'd imagine that Jack was a part of it at least...

I'm not sure how the buying of rides after not making it has gone down in the past, but I know it has happened on numerous occasions over the past couple of years.
I feel sure that Jack, Doug and Mernard got their heads together and the deal was made. They wanted all the RPM and Roush cars in the 500. It was important because thats where the money was coming from and quite understandable.. The old cliche "Right, Wrong or Indifferent, I'll stand behind you.

Anyway that's my philosophy
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:21 pm

This has nothing to do with Doug Yates or RPM.

This is a ROUSH FENWAY entry in the NATIONWIDE race. Wink
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:42 pm

[quote="TeamBlueOval"]This has nothing to do with Doug Yates or RPM.

This is a ROUSH FENWAY entry in the NATIONWIDE race. Wink[/quote)

I realize that. I feel that Doug, Jack and FORD are working together to keep all their Fords on the track. All the so call selling of points ,Than the merger w /RPM, which was confirmed in Dec. Than they needed Front row to get their cars into the 35 club. So now Doug says he will sell his ponts to Frontrow and finds he can't do that unless he is part of Frontrow. Well what do you know Doug now joins up w/ Frontrow. Points are given to Frontrow, Come on I can go on and on. This whole Frontrow Deal Stinks. Ford is taking on all these medioca teams WHY?????Can't think of the new team that Boris Said is driving for and also in the 35 club. . I can't understand how no one seems to see it ITS SO DARN OBVIOUS. I'm just as guilty because I don't care. Whatever they do Right or Wrong I'll Stand Behind Them. Thats just the way it is.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:51 pm

Andrew ,what I'm trying to say , whether it's NW or Cup Jack Doug and FORD are a Team . They will work together any time a decicion has to be made specially when its going to raise some questions. They will make sure they are covered.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:53 pm

They do seem to really work well together; I know Doug and Jack are good friends, but I don't think Doug was very involved in this one since it was a Roush/Menards deal. I would say the majority of this came from John Menard wanting his son to have a chance at a championship run.

NASCAR.com has an article speculating on it now ... HERE
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 11:03 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
They do seem to really work well together; I know Doug and Jack are good friends, but I don't think Doug was very involved in this one since it was a Roush/Menards deal. I would say the majority of this came from John Menard wanting his son to have a chance at a championship run.

NASCAR.com has an article speculating on it now ... HERE
Well that may have been this writers thoughts on what happen buttttttttttttt he sure nailed it.
JMO LOL BTW I love it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A handful of money may buy a championship run   A handful of money may buy a championship run Empty

Back to top Go down

A handful of money may buy a championship run
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next