Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team

Go down 
+2
RacingDude
TeamBlueOval
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team Empty
PostSubject: Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team   Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 8:55 pm

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/opinion/02/14/inside.line.dcaraviello.kpetty.rpetty.daytona/index.html

The family name is moving on Kyle; it's the only way that "Petty" will continue in the sport.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team   Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 9:00 pm

I can understand Kyle's disappointment in GEM using him old paint scheme, but I can't help but think being a bit bitter from PE no longer wanting him has been motivating him to make negative comments towards the organization lately (such as "they ceased to exist the moment they moved").

He's a nice guy, but the organization needs to move on and he needs to realize he isn't the right driver to take them into the future. At least they are still keeping the Petty name as their organization name; that is very respectful.
Back to top Go down
blueblood

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team   Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 3:19 pm

He ought to be proud of a 3rd place finish with his old paint job it's better than he's done in a loooong time. clown
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team   Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 7:42 pm

he may not be happy but all the fans are...... we will miss Petty...... please Kyle don't make us regret missing the pettys
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team   Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 4:58 pm

I don't know if I could start to miss the Pettys or not. I wasn't even watching when Richard raced, and from what I've seen of Kyle he should have retired 10 years ago.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team   Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Even though I never saw Richard race, I understand what he's meant for the sport, and I have a huge amount of respect for him. I think Kyle is a great person, too, but sometimes I think he needs to think before he speaks. He comes off as quite the whiner sometimes.

I hope RPM continues to run as well as they did at Daytona (at least Sorenson and Allmendinger...)
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team   Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 4:26 pm

Kyle needs to suck it up and move on. He should do the Grand Am stuff, run the Victory Junction Gang, and enjoy life. This is a PERFORMANCE sport, and he hasn't performed in over a decade. Let's be honest- he would've been out of a ride a long, long time ago if he wasn't with his family run team. Would anyone here choose Kyle over any of the 4 they have at RPM now? I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team   Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 2:18 am

Quote :
Kyle he should have retired 10 years ago.
I have to agree with that.

I heard that Richard said .... if they continue to run in the top 10 (?) that he would fund the car out of his own pocket if they don't get sponsorship. Cool

I'm sure Kyle didn't like hearing that. Shocked
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team   Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 7:27 am

I also heard those comments from Richard. I'm sure that hearing the King of NASCAR say something like that makes AJ Allmendinger feel pretty good about himself. I hope they are able to run him for the full season. Smile
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team   Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 5:32 pm

I also read that, but I'd rather see AJ get a sponsor than for Richard to have to fund the team out of his pocket. It'd be a lot easier. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team   Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 11:39 pm

RacingDude wrote:
I also read that, but I'd rather see AJ get a sponsor than for Richard to have to fund the team out of his pocket. It'd be a lot easier. Smile

who wouldn't?
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team   Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 1:09 am

Kyle... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team   Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team Empty

Back to top Go down

Kyle Petty upset about 44 paint scheme, direction of Petty team
Page 1 of 1