Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yates & Gilliland part

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FordGT

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Yates & Gilliland part Empty
PostSubject: Yates & Gilliland part   Yates & Gilliland part EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 3:40 pm

Yates and Gilliland part ways: Yates Racing and David Gilliland announced that they are terminating their relationship due to a lack of sponsorship on Yates Racing's No. 38 Sprint Cup car. Gilliland began driving the #38 car for Robert Yates Racing in mid-2006. "David did a great job for us and is a gifted driver. We are sorry to lose him but it is important for David to continue driving, and sponsorship is very tough this year," stated Doug Yates of Yates Racing.(Yates Racing PR)(2-20-2009)

For the best I think. For whatever reasons, David just can't seem to attract sponsors or keep sponsors interested in him.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Yates & Gilliland part   Yates & Gilliland part EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 5:38 pm

He did seem to keep several sponsors interested in him last season, until the Texas incident with Montoya. After that, it seemed like no one wanted to be near him.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Yates & Gilliland part   Yates & Gilliland part EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 7:20 pm

Not a big surprise here. I'm glad they've officially let him go. It will allow him to move on to something else. I think Kvapil will be gone soon. Erik Darnell and Colin Braun are almost ready to come to Cup...
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
FordGT

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Yates & Gilliland part   Yates & Gilliland part EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 9:49 pm

May be onto something racingdude. So far Travis is getting one race deals, but that may not last.

I almost wish Yates had put Menard in the 28 and given the 98 to Travis. No I don't think Menard is that great either, but at least the 28 would have full funding.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Yates & Gilliland part   Yates & Gilliland part EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 11:47 pm

would you rather see the 28 retire or run mid to back of the pack most of the time?
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Yates & Gilliland part   Yates & Gilliland part EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 10:23 am

I'd rather see it on track. It's like the 21 and 43, they need to be out there.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Yates & Gilliland part   Yates & Gilliland part EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 1:19 am

I'm glad Travis is still in the 28 for now. I think he's running a lot better in that car than Paul would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yates & Gilliland part   Yates & Gilliland part Empty

Back to top Go down

Yates & Gilliland part
Page 1 of 1