Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

]F1 champion to be determined by race wins, NASCAR?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

]F1 champion to be determined by race wins, NASCAR? Empty
PostSubject: ]F1 champion to be determined by race wins, NASCAR?   ]F1 champion to be determined by race wins, NASCAR? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 3:11 am

Quote :
F1 champion to be determined by race wins, NASCAR?: Formula One's championship will be decided by the number of race wins and not accumulated points. Governing body FIA decided Tuesday that the current points system will remain in effect only to determine the driver's title in the case of a tie, with points also determining the order of finish behind the overall champion. Under the new scoring system, Ferrari's Felipe Massa would have won the 2008 championship ahead of Lewis Hamilton of McLaren. The Brazilian driver won six grand prix races to Hamilton's five, but the British racer took the title by one point, 98-97, after finishing fifth in the season-ending Brazilian GP.(Associated Press)
so...NASCAR? If NASCAR would have had this system since 2000, how would the champs look for those season?
Year: Most Wins, Actual Champ
2008: Edwards [9 wins], Johnson [7]
2007: Johnson [10], Johnson
2006: Kahne [6], Johnson [5]
2005: Biffle [6], Stewart [5]
2004: Johnson [8], Kurt Busch [3]
(2004-2008 have used the Chase format)
2003: Newman [8], Kenseth [1]
2002: Kenseth [5], Stewart [3]
2001: Gordon [6], Gordon
2000: Stewart [6], Bobby Labonte [2]
(stats from ESPN.com/Ed Hinton)(3-18-2009)

I think this is a horrible idea. As much as I hate that JJ won the last 3 Championships, for a season to be base on just race wins is wrong. Driver/Teams should be rewarded on performance during the season .
I don't see the F1 fans being happy with this. Sad
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

]F1 champion to be determined by race wins, NASCAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ]F1 champion to be determined by race wins, NASCAR?   ]F1 champion to be determined by race wins, NASCAR? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 2:35 am

That would be absolutely stupid, and I have no idea why NASCAR would even consider doing that. Ryan Newman won 8 races in 2003 but had about 5-6 DNF's, same with Kahne in 2006 when he won six races but had too many bad finishes too.
Back to top Go down

]F1 champion to be determined by race wins, NASCAR?
Page 1 of 1