Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pick the CHAMPION

Go down 
+5
jiggastyles09
RacingDude
DeeDee
Dog
TeamBlueOval
9 posters

Who will win the 2009 title?
#2-Kurt Busch
Pick the CHAMPION Vote_lcap0%Pick the CHAMPION Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
#5-Mark Martin
Pick the CHAMPION Vote_lcap43%Pick the CHAMPION Vote_rcap
 43% [ 3 ]
#9-Kasey Kahne
 0% [ 0 ]
#11-Denny Hamlin
Pick the CHAMPION Vote_lcap14%Pick the CHAMPION Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
#14-Tony Stewart
Pick the CHAMPION Vote_lcap29%Pick the CHAMPION Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
#16-Greg Biffle
 0% [ 0 ]
#24-Jeff Gordon
 0% [ 0 ]
#39-Ryan Newman
 0% [ 0 ]
#42-Juan Pablo Montoya
 0% [ 0 ]
#48-Jimmie Johnson
 0% [ 0 ]
#83-Brian Vickers
 0% [ 0 ]
#99-Carl Edwards
Pick the CHAMPION Vote_lcap14%Pick the CHAMPION Vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:47 pm

Who will be the 2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion?
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:42 pm

unfortunately I go with the 1-4 fourteen of Mr. Bossman
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:02 am

I don't want a repeat winner and NON of the Hendrick cars.
So Ford better get on the stick and do some homework.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 1:29 am

He may have had a few bad races lately, but I think Stewart will be able to get back on his regular momentum and knock Jimmie Johnson off the high cloud. At least, I hope so!
Back to top Go down
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 2:39 am

thats a really though one! i don't think newman or vickers have a shot, montoya has been coming on strong but he needs at the least one more season. ku. busch has a chance too but he's not in championship form just yet imo. khane has a bit of momentum, can he keep it up? i say no. really really don't want to see a hendrick car in it either, or stewart-hass (hendrick). that leaves hamlin, the biff, & edwards but my blue blood won't let me pick a toyota LOL.

so i vote CARL!!! Very Happy, broken foot & all.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 4:25 am

jiggastyles09 wrote:
thats a really though one! i don't think newman or vickers have a shot, montoya has been coming on strong but he needs at the least one more season. ku. busch has a chance too but he's not in championship form just yet imo. khane has a bit of momentum, can he keep it up? i say no. really really don't want to see a hendrick car in it either, or stewart-hass (hendrick). that leaves hamlin, the biff, & edwards but my blue blood won't let me pick a toyota LOL.

so i vote CARL!!! Very Happy, broken foot & all.
now that just how I'm thinking
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:32 am

I would like to think that way too, but Roush-Fenway needs to start running a little bit better at these tracks coming up.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:26 pm

Stewart has been off in recent weeks, I don't know that they're running well enough right now to win the title.

I think it will come down to a battle between Mark Martin and Jeff Gordon. My vote went to Mark, and I would rather ANYONE win the title (including Jimmie Johnson), than to see Jeff Gordon win a fifth title.
Back to top Go down
FordGT

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 3:06 pm

Voted for Mark. I don't see Carl or Greg having a shot, unless:

A) Roush has been saving the good stuff for the Chase and/or
B) the new engine makes a difference

Otherwise, the 99 and 16 may be fighting for 12th place!!! The only other ones I think have a real shot is Tony, Jeff and Jimmy. Don't really see anyone else doing much, but would love to be proved wrong (esp. on my prediction for the Fords).
Back to top Go down
Dog

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:40 pm

imho there aren't many that really have a legitimate shot

Tony
Jimmie
Jeff
Denny

are the only ones with a real shot imho
those with an ok chance
Carl
Mark
Kurt
Kasey

and the rest are long shots
Ryan
Greg
Brian
JPM

usually tho a long shot has ended up competing for the cup (hopefully the 39 this year Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:11 am

I would have to agree with the groups that Dog put everybody in, in terms of being Chase contenders.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:14 pm

I agree, except for the fact that I would switch Mark Martin and Denny Hamlin. Mark is fast every weekend. If they can get it together and finish races, they're going to be tough to beat.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:56 pm

I'd say...

Real shot:
Tony
Jimmie
Jeff
Mark
Denny

OK shot:
Busch
Edwards
Kahne
Montoya

Long shot:
Newman
Biffle
Vickers

Out of the ones I think have a real shot, it's really hard to pick a frontrunner. If Mark doesn't have any problems, I think he'll be there right to the end. Johnson will be there at the end, and I think Tony's team will get over whatever they've been doing the last few weeks. From there, I think it drops off some to Gordon and Hamlin.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:08 am

The reason I don't have Mark up as high is because they were always having problems- before Richmond he was like 10th was it? With Richmond he jumped up to 6th wasn't it? (before the reseed) Imho he wasn't consistant enough to be considered a top contender
Back to top Go down
racinfan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:13 pm

Here's how it will go down..

#2-Kurt Busch - He'll run decent, made be as high as 3rd to 4th, and will fade between 5th and 8th, mid pack of chase drivers.
#5-Mark Martin - He's had at least half a dozen races that should have been his...if his luck changes, I personally believe Mark will be the guy to beat. With the exception of Watkins Glen, I have not since Mark run outside of the TOP 5 pretty much all year.
#9-Kasey Kahne - I think his equipment makes it difficult to run as well as HMS or err...Stewart-Haas...but, if he keeps his act together, does well at the ovals and short tracks, he could be at least a top 5 contender.
#11-Denny Hamlin - He is probably Toyota's best bet but if he has any past rivals at Dover rekindle, he could be in a bit of a pickle, as well at Dega.
#14-Tony Stewart - Top 3 contender if he turns his stuff around, he runs top 5 most of the time, like Mark, until recently.
#16-Greg Biffle - Don't know how he is in the chase....haven't seem him finish top 5 or 10...that often. :s
#24-Jeff Gordon - He is on a roll, should be fighting with Mark and Tony till the end.
#39-Ryan Newman - Decent driver...should be fighting with Kasey for top 5 if he can keep some good runs going.
#42-Juan Pablo Montoya - I think he has been saving his stuff but I don't know if he will be able to control himself...he did a good job points racing though, should be a threat.
#48-Jimmie Johnson - Though the past disproves me, I feel my man Jimmie may be out of luck. The team has struggled to put together wins, though they flat out dominate 3/4 of the races. Still could be a championship threat, nonetheless.
#83-Brian Vickers - SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPEEEER.
#99-Carl Edwards - I'd like to see backflips during the chase, even if it isn't for the big trophy. cheers

If it goes based off the first 26, which I doubt it will:

Mark
Jeff
Tony
Jimmie
Kasey
Juan Pablo
Carl
Denny
Kurt
Greg
Ryan...unsure about Rocket Ryan.. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Dog

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:22 pm

thats an interesting top 12- especially for going off the first 26 races
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:57 am

Quote :
I'd like to see backflips during the chase

Uhm, you won't see those... Carl broke his foot, remember? Pick the CHAMPION Icon_wink Pick the CHAMPION Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
racinfan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-08-23

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 6:52 pm

Honestly, I cannot be sure of my pics...Only Jeff has been consistent, Tony hits or misses (hits more though), Mark and Jimmie run strong but don't close the deal....Montoya and Kasey could be sleepers...I just think the Ford gang won't be that great tbh. Sad I really hope I'm wrong about that..

Haha...Carl would do that if he somehow won the championship. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pick the CHAMPION Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick the CHAMPION   Pick the CHAMPION Empty

Back to top Go down

Pick the CHAMPION
Page 1 of 1