Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

28 team done

Go down 
+2
RacingDude
TeamBlueOval
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: 28 team done   28 team done EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:30 am

Quote :
Bristol could be last race for #28: Sources at Yates Racing confirmed that Sunday’s Food City 500 will be the last race in the foreseeable future for the #28 Ford driven by Travis Kvapil. Last year, the team was able to piecemeal enough sponsorship together to last the entire season for the #28, but despite some support from Golden Corral for the first five races of 2009, it wasn’t enough to keep the car going beyond this week.(SPEEDtv)(3-21-2009)
~Jayski~

Sad
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:47 am

Sad to see the tradition of the 28 car coming to an end. NASCAR's a whole lot different these days, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Robyn K.

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-17

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:21 am

Let's pray Travis does well today and maybe attracts some sponsors! Smile
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:14 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unsponsored Kvapil loses Yates ride
Comment Email Print Share
By David Newton
ESPN.com
Archive
BRISTOL, Tenn. -- Yates Racing will suspend operations of the No. 28 Sprint Cup team of Travis Kvapil due to lack of sponsorship following Sunday's race at Bristol Motor Speedway.

The team entered the race 40th in points.

Kvapil

A decision on how many employees will be laid off has not been made. Geoff Smith, the president of Roush Fenway Racing that partners with Yates, said most of the 28 team members will be dispersed to other parts of the organization.

"It's difficult to be in a situation when you have to deal with the consequences of the economy," Smith said. "We're in a situation where there's no extra cash to support running an unsponsored car for any period of time.

"If the economy picks up later in the season maybe we'll be able to pick up something for that team."

Yates and Roush poured a lot of money into the 28 program for Kvapil to drive much of last season without full sponsorship. He finished 23rd in points, which Smith hoped was good enough to attract sponsors.

Those points were given to Bobby Labonte when Hall of Fame Racing partnered with Yates, leaving Kvapil having to qualify for the first five races.

The team suffered a major setback when Kvapil failed to make the third race at Las Vegas. That was compounded a week later when a blown engine left him 42nd at Atlanta.

"This puts a premium on performance," Smith said of the economic situation. "The team struggled at a real critical time when they couldn't afford to struggle."

Smith wasn't optimistic sponsorship for Kvapil will come this season. He's having enough trouble with selling sponsorship for some of his other programs, such as Aflac on Carl Edwards' car, that have asked for relief.

Roush has sponsors for all of its drivers through at least 2010 except Matt Kenseth, whose deal with DeWalt expires after this year. Smith said he's working with DeWalt to find a partner for next season.

"There's a lot of pressure internally and externally for sponsors to decrease participation and find a partner or pull back altogether," Smith said. "There just aren't enough sponsors on our side of the garage to go around right now."

David Newton covers NASCAR for ESPN.com. He can be reached at dnewtonespn@aol.com.

Back to top Go down
FordGT

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-16

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:20 pm

Hate it, but still wonder if David and now Travis are just not good at attracting sponsors, is Yates asking for too much money from sponsors, a combo of the two or what?

We now see that YR messed up giving the 98 points as Menard's done nothing but pi$$ that away.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 4:09 pm

If TK keeps running where he's running, he's gonna come close to getting that car in the top-35 today.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 4:34 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
If TK keeps running where he's running, he's gonna come close to getting that car in the top-35 today.
won't make any difference ---Plans have already bern made sad sad sad
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 6:25 pm

Looks like the 28 car just ran its last race for Yates Racing. Sad

We can DEFINITELY say it had a great run for sure... not just today, but the history of the 28 under the Yates banner.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 7:02 pm

I don't think the 28 is gone. I'm sure we will see it back in the future.

I'm still optimistic that they'll find a sponsor and head to Martinsville.

Kvapil said that the "plans" for the 28 team are very tentative, and could be changed if a sponsor comes on board. Maybe Golden Corrall will step up and sponsor the full season.
Back to top Go down
davidiam

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 9:26 am

hey everybody new here found it off of TK's board. sure am glad to although i like TK and his board its hard to read all the Yates bashing even if they deserve it. but it is clear to me that TK is the best driver at Yates he just doesn't have the money. hope that something can change we at Yates need him i think
Back to top Go down
Robyn K.

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-17

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: TK"S Board   28 team done EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:15 am

I came from there also...too much drama!!!
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 12:53 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
I don't think the 28 is gone. I'm sure we will see it back in the future.

I'm still optimistic that they'll find a sponsor and head to Martinsville.

Kvapil said that the "plans" for the 28 team are very tentative, and could be changed if a sponsor comes on board. Maybe Golden Corrall will step up and sponsor the full season.
Andrew you knowI have to give my thoughts on this issue. I truely believe this is a DONE DEAL

What was your interpertation to the part of Geoff Smith comments that I have in red

Geoff Smith, the president of Roush Fenway Racing that partners with Yates, said most of the #28 team members will be dispersed to other parts of the organization. "It’s difficult to be in a situation when you have to deal with the consequences of the economy". ----[/color]

[
size=12]wouldn’t you think this STATEMEMT should have come out of the YATES OFFICE[/size]
I have written to GC and received a very nice reply. I thought there was a good chance of GC coming on for a few more racers, but being out of the 35 spot was not good. .
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Anything New about the NEW ENGINE   28 team done EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Has anyone read if there has been a change in the TIMETABLE for running the NEW ENGINE in a Nascar Race?
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 3:46 pm

I don't belive that they have announced any changes for the engine rollout. I look for the engine to be in the Yates cars and any Roush car that does not make the Chase towards the latter half of the year, though.

As for the statement from Geoff Smith, I also found that kind of odd. I understand that Roush and the Fenway group are running a lot of things at Yates Racing, but you would still look for comments like that to come from either Doug or Max Jones.
Back to top Go down
alum98

alum98

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-02-14

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:46 am

Hate to hear this about the 28.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/alum98
Yatesracing

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 7:55 am

Here is another one of my thoughts about the #28 car. You may not like it but it could happen.

Maybe TK will get tired of hanging around and he is offered ride with another team. Now YATES(or Roush) decide the #28 is open. What's next(as if it wasn't part of a plan) lets put COLIN BRAUN in a cup car and see how it works out. OH YEA. Now should this happen , this could very well be YATES NEW LINEUP FOR 2010

CAR #26 McMurry
#28 Braun (maybe even this year)
#98 Menard????????(depends on his performance and if YATES can swing a deal with a big primary
sponsor (w/Colin as the driver), BIGGER AND BETTER THAN MENARD Sponsorship.

Last edited by Yatesracing on Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FordGT

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-16

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 9:20 am

So much for the idea that Travis was protected because he was a Roush driver.

I like your idea Yatesracing. The ONLY good thing Paul brought to YR was sponsorship.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 6:29 am

Come on Doug, Colin is ready for a CUP RIDE. This kid is good. My next DRIVER OF CHOICE. He would make a YATES CAR race like it should.

I think todays Sponsors like them Young or Big Name Drivers.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:06 pm

I'd say that is a good possibility (at least at some point, if not this year).
I'd also like to see Menard on his way out, but that won't happen until some other sponsors come to the team.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 10:12 am

WHO DO YOU THINK WILL BE IN THE #28 NEXT YEAR? It would be nice if Jamie goes to another team and they can keep TK in the #28. What dio you think?
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:40 pm

If and when the 28 comes back, it will probably be with one of the young Roush drivers (Braun, Stenhouse, Darnell).
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 8:43 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
If and when the 28 comes back, it will probably be with one of the young Roush drivers (Braun, Stenhouse, Darnell).
If that is the case, than I would like to see Braun
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 5:44 pm

I think Darnell will bring a sponsor if he comes. Northern Tool+Equipment would probably sponsor him for at least 10-15 races if he moved up to Cup. They have made the move with him from trucks to Nationwide...
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 5:47 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
I think Darnell will bring a sponsor if he comes. Northern Tool+Equipment would probably sponsor him for at least 10-15 races if he moved up to Cup. They have made the move with him from trucks to Nationwide...
That may be true but I just don't think he is that good. JMO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

28 team done Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28 team done   28 team done Empty

Back to top Go down

28 team done
Page 1 of 1