Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Cup team with Cook?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

New Cup team with Cook? Empty
PostSubject: New Cup team with Cook?   New Cup team with Cook? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 12:48 am

Quote :
New Cup team with Cook? UPDATE: not much info, but hearing that Terry Cook, who has mostly been running in the Camping World Truck Series since 1996 [314 starts and 6 wins], will be the driver for a new Sprint Cup team, Whitney Motorsports, who supposedly plan to run full-time in Sprint Cup with Cook driving the #46 Dodge. Cook would be the second rookie of the year canadidate, joining Kevin Conway. Been told the team has nothing to do with Carl Long's former #46 Dodge Sprint Cup team.(1-8-2010)
UPDATE: NASCAR Truck Series Veteran Driver Terry Cook will be driving in the Sprint Cup Series this season. Terry Cook will drive the #46 Whitney Motorsports Dodge Charger for Michigan based business man, Dusty Whitney. Whitney, who previously fielded cars in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, decided to advance his ownership status to the elite Sprint Cup Series. "I love a good challenge! Success in business comes from setting high goals and achieving them. There is no bigger challenge in motorsports than to be a successful Sprint Cup Series team owner", remarks Whitney. The team will have to qualify into the first 5 races on speed with hopes of catapulting the team into the top 35 in points. "Terry did a fantastic job qualifying the #91 Nationwide Car last season and we are hoping for the same qualifying success in our #46 Sprint Cup Car", adds Whitney. Cook, who has competed in the truck series since 1996 and holds the record for the most consecutive starts in the series at 296, is ready to start building a stat sheet in the Sprint Cup Series. "It's always been my goal to advance my career to the pinnacle of our sport" notes Cook. "I am very grateful to Dusty Whitney for giving me this amazing opportunity". Cook will also be vying for the Raybestos Rookie of the Year honors. Whitney Motorsports hired an accomplished Sprint Cup crew chief to head up the effort. Buddy Sisco joined the team and is excited for the potential this team has for success. "We are building this team from scratch. But Dusty (Whitney) has given us everything we need to make it successful. He has bought great race cars, hired a veteran driver, and allowed me to assemble a group of hard working guys". The team purchased several cars from Richard Petty Motorsports as a result of their merger with Yates Racing. "With their merger and our need for competitive race cars, the timing was perfect for us to be able to purchase these race ready Dodge Chargers". Whitney Motorsports does not have a primary sponsor heading into the season opener Daytona 500. "We would love to entertain any sponsor at any level" adds Cook, "I always tell potential sponsors that we have a program to fit any budget!"(Terrycook.com)(1-8-2010)
Yeah... we have another driver running for ROTY Smile Wink Good luck Terry.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: New Cup team with Cook?   New Cup team with Cook? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Start-and-park.

They have no sponsorship and it's a brand new team, so don't look for them to run the full race.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: New Cup team with Cook?   New Cup team with Cook? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 12:44 am

yea that's probably true
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: New Cup team with Cook?   New Cup team with Cook? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:46 pm

yay another start and park
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: New Cup team with Cook?   New Cup team with Cook? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 2:08 am

Yay, another driver racing for the paycheck! *claps hands*
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: New Cup team with Cook?   New Cup team with Cook? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 2:22 am

Whoever wins the ROY will be whoever starts and parks the least it seems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Cup team with Cook?   New Cup team with Cook? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Cup team with Cook?
Page 1 of 1