Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SPEED blocking sponsor deal for Benson?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

SPEED blocking sponsor deal for Benson? Empty
PostSubject: SPEED blocking sponsor deal for Benson?   SPEED blocking sponsor deal for Benson? EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:12 pm

Quote :
Benson faces sponsor dilemma: Grand Rapids native Johnny Benson Jr. and his Red Horse Racing team are either going to have to continue its sponsorship search or accept less television time. That's what the defending NASCAR Camping World Trucks champion said when he visited Grand Rapids on Monday with Michigan International Speedway president Roger Curtis. It appears Benson has a company lined up, but the television networks that carry the races, including Speed, which airs the majority of the events, have Red Horse Racing putting the brakes on that plan for now. "We have somebody in the works to do it, but TV said they would avoid us if we had this sponsor, and it's a gun manufacturer," Benson said. "We are not sure why that would be the case, but that's the information they are giving us. We have to choose whether we want to head down that road or not. We would hate to have good finishes and run in the top three and have TV avoid us for that reason. "Originally, I said NASCAR had revoked that, and it wasn't. NASCAR called me Tuesday after I had said that they had shot it down," Benson added. "Apparently it is the TV. It is a very interesting scenario. We have had other (gun) manufacturers in there, and why it is an issue today, I don't know. I haven't had a conversation with them yet to get to the bottom of it. "I think we are going to have to explore it. Money is money. That's going to have to be one of the things we have to do. But it's awful hard to sell a sponsorship if they know they are not going to show us. That's a tough place to be in for both sides."(MichiganLive.com)(4-1-2009)

This is interesting... Question
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: SPEED blocking sponsor deal for Benson?   SPEED blocking sponsor deal for Benson? EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 1:58 am

Shocked
Back to top Go down
thunderstruck21

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: SPEED blocking sponsor deal for Benson?   SPEED blocking sponsor deal for Benson? EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 9:26 am

That hardly seems fair!!!
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: SPEED blocking sponsor deal for Benson?   SPEED blocking sponsor deal for Benson? EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Dumb, dumb, dumb!!!

Who remembers this..? They don't apparently.

SPEED blocking sponsor deal for Benson? 75dega
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPEED blocking sponsor deal for Benson?   SPEED blocking sponsor deal for Benson? Empty

Back to top Go down

SPEED blocking sponsor deal for Benson?
Page 1 of 1