Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will NASCAR issue a penalty?

Go down 
3 posters

Yes, JR deserves to be penalized
Will NASCAR issue a penalty? Vote_lcap0%Will NASCAR issue a penalty? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No, JR will get away with it <as usual>
Will NASCAR issue a penalty? Vote_lcap0%Will NASCAR issue a penalty? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Both Jr and Mears should be penalized
Will NASCAR issue a penalty? Vote_lcap20%Will NASCAR issue a penalty? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
No, neither one should be penalized. It's just racing.
Will NASCAR issue a penalty? Vote_lcap80%Will NASCAR issue a penalty? Vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Will NASCAR issue a penalty? Empty
PostSubject: Will NASCAR issue a penalty?   Will NASCAR issue a penalty? EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 12:14 am

Dale Earnhardt Jr. retaliates after wreck with Mears
Junior hits the wall with a little help from the No. 07 and lets Casey Mears know he isn't pleased after the race.

Click Here for Video
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Will NASCAR issue a penalty?   Will NASCAR issue a penalty? EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 1:13 am

While I thought it was unnecessary for Dale to spin out Casey after the race, I don't think there should be a penalty for that. It was just the outcome of a little rubbing and racing.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Will NASCAR issue a penalty?   Will NASCAR issue a penalty? EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 3:40 pm

I think it's just one of those racing deals. They were racing hard, and JR was mad after the race. It happens - I don't think they should be penalized.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Will NASCAR issue a penalty?   Will NASCAR issue a penalty? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 1:09 am

Quote :
Dale Jr. and Mears to be penalized? NASCAR officials will likely lower the boom on #88-Dale Earnhardt Jr. and #07-Casey Mears for late-race and post-race antics here Saturday night at Phoenix. The two tangled several times late, bringing out the final caution that almost cost Mark Martin the win. Mears: "I didn't mean to get together with Dale Jr. I think he was trying to save fuel and make it to the end without stopping, and I wheel-hopped the car getting into the corner and ended up making contact with him. I guess he was a little bent out of shape about it because he spun me out after the checkered flag."(mikemulhern.net)(4-20-2009)

Guess we'll have to wait and see.
I hope they do penalize both!!!!
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Will NASCAR issue a penalty?   Will NASCAR issue a penalty? EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 3:47 pm

Jayski reports that there will be no penalty for either driver.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Will NASCAR issue a penalty?   Will NASCAR issue a penalty? EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 12:43 am

Rolling Eyes Wow! probation for 6 races. A mere slap on the wrist Rolling Eyes
Of course it's JUNIOR.

Quote :
UPDATE: NASCAR will NOT penalize Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Casey Mears for their post-race incident at Phoenix.(Virginian Pilot)(4-21-2009)
UPDATE 2: NASCAR announced that it has placed Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Casey Mears on probation for the next six races in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, as a result of their on-track incident last Saturday at the conclusion of the race at Phoenix International Raceway. Earnhardt, driver of the #88 team and Mears, driver of the #07 team, both violated Section 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing; hitting another competitor’s car after the race had concluded) of the 2009 NASCAR rule book. The probation takes effect beginning with this weekend’s event at Talladega Superspeedway.(NASCAR PR)(4-21-2009)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will NASCAR issue a penalty?   Will NASCAR issue a penalty? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1