Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NASCAR Scene......... Gone?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

NASCAR Scene......... Gone? Empty
PostSubject: NASCAR Scene......... Gone?   NASCAR Scene......... Gone? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:04 am

NASCAR Scene to end? Another print media publication may be biting the dust. That venerable NASCAR publication Scene Daily [actually NASCAR Scene, Scene Daily is the web site], the weekly that was created back in 1982 [actually began in 1977] by legendary Rob Griggs, appears on the ropes, with its owners cutting virtually the entire staff Monday, in a stunning staff meeting. The operation is part of the Charlotte-based American City Business Journals, which is owned by Advance Publications (which also publishes Street&Smiths' various sports publications, including The Sporting News). Advance Publications is a privately-owned company led by major publisher and billionaire SI Newhouse (Vanity Fair, Vogue, The New Yorker, among other well-known publications).(mikemulhern.net), hearing NASCAR Scene will cease to exist but NASCAR Illustrated will continue. Those laid off supposedly include Steve Waid, Mike Hembree, Jeff Gluck, Rea White, David Exum, Jared Turner, David Griffith, Ben White, Mark Sluder and Shea Alexander. See more info at the Daly Planet.(1-6-2010)

~Jayski

not good- I really liked NASCAR Scene- more than illustrated...... I wonder what (if anything) we will get in return

possibly illustrated subsciption? prolly nothing tho
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR Scene......... Gone?   NASCAR Scene......... Gone? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 3:22 am

For a short while, I was subscribed to this magazine. They really do offer some interesting tidbits going on around the garage area, it's a heck of a lot better than NASCAR Illustrated!
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR Scene......... Gone?   NASCAR Scene......... Gone? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:08 am

Scene subscribers will be getting Illustrated until the end of their subscription according to the SceneDaily website.

I subscribe to both - personally, though, I prefer Illustrated. It has some interesting features that you can't get elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR Scene......... Gone?   NASCAR Scene......... Gone? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:22 pm

ok well the good news is they are going to take some of the scene characteristics and add it to illustrated

such as the truck and nationwide series..... well this is good- I was running low on both of my subscriptions- I was going to let illustrated run out, but now I'll have a little while with it since i have Scene
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR Scene......... Gone?   NASCAR Scene......... Gone? Empty

Back to top Go down

NASCAR Scene......... Gone?
Page 1 of 1