Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MENARD RUNNING at TOLEDO

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

MENARD RUNNING at TOLEDO Empty
PostSubject: MENARD RUNNING at TOLEDO   MENARD RUNNING at TOLEDO EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 6:53 pm

SURPRISE at least it was for me

[size=18]Paul Menard Scheduled to Compete in the Menards 200 ARCA RE/MAX Series Event at Toledo [/size]
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

MENARD RUNNING at TOLEDO Empty
PostSubject: Re: MENARD RUNNING at TOLEDO   MENARD RUNNING at TOLEDO EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 7:12 pm

Quote :
CORNELIUS NC (4-24-09) - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Paul Menard has filed an entry to compete in the ARCA RE/MAX Series "Menards 200" on Sunday, May 17 at Toledo Speedway.
Menard, who drives the No. 98 Ford for Yates Racing, will travel to Toledo from Charlotte following the Sprint All Star Event the previous night.

"I'm really looking forward to returning to the ARCA RE/MAX Series," said Menard. "The last time I ran ARCA was at Pocono in 2007 and before that it was Talladega in 2003 where we won so it would be pretty cool to run up front and challenge for the win at Toledo."

This will be Menard's first appearance at Toledo Speedway. He will make his Toledo debut in a car prepared and fielded by Kimmel Racing. The Ford Fusion will carry Menards familiar #98, with sponsorship from Johns Manville.

"Johns Manville has been with me as a sponsor since I started racing," added Menard. "So to represent the company in the Menards 200 is a great opportunity."

As a teammate to nine-time ARCA RE/MAX Series Champion Frank Kimmel, Menard will look to the veteran driver for his assistance and counsel in navigating the high banked half-mile oval.

"I'm really looking forward to working with Paul," said Kimmel. "Short of specific details about the Toledo track, I doubt there's much I can teach him, but with his level of experience, it will be great to have him as a teammate."

Due to his commitments in Charlotte on Saturday, Menard has looked to Matt Crafton, driver of the Menards entry in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, to practice and qualify the car. In addition, the No. 98 team will be run under the direction of Crafton's Truck Series Crew Chief Bud Haefele with assistance from Jeriod Prince both representing Sandusky, Ohio based ThorSport Racing.

"It's great to help out a fellow Menards competitor," said Crafton. "I've practiced for Paul in the NASCAR Nationwide Series before, so I think I have a pretty good idea of what Paul wants in a racecar."

Crafton, Haefele and Prince will travel to Toledo following the Camping World Truck Series event in Charlotte on Friday night. They will be joined by the No. 88 ThorSport over-the-wall crew, who will pit for Menard during Sunday's race.

Menard's entry in the event is not out of the ordinary as the May event at Toledo has a history of attracting drivers from the upper series of NASCAR. Previous competitors in the Toledo race include David Ragan and Ken Schrader.

ARCA RE/MAX Series practice is scheduled for 12:30 pm on Saturday, May 16, followed by Menards Pole Qualifying presented by Ansell at 3:30 pm. The Menards 200 will take the Green Flag at 2:15 p.m. Eastern on Sunday, May 17.

~ARCA Website~

Would be great if they put the FR9 in the car...
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com

MENARD RUNNING at TOLEDO
Page 1 of 1