Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

David Ragan gets win #1 in NW

Go down 
+3
Cheley
Yatesracing
TeamBlueOval
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

David Ragan gets win #1 in NW Empty
PostSubject: David Ragan gets win #1 in NW   David Ragan gets win #1 in NW EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 5:33 pm

Congrats to David and the 6 NW team on his first career victory in the NW series! Very Happy

REALLY exciting race and watching David win made it even better!!

Cool
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: David Ragan gets win #1 in NW   David Ragan gets win #1 in NW EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 7:05 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Congrats to David and the 6 NW team on his first career victory in the NW series! Very Happy

REALLY exciting race and watching David win made it even better!!

Cool
I had tuned the NW series off and when I read your message my heart driooed because I thought you were talking about Ruetimann. and he was even in the race. SENILITY SETTING IN. I AM OVERJOYED FOR DAVID cheers
Back to top Go down
Cheley

Cheley

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: David Ragan gets win #1 in NW   David Ragan gets win #1 in NW EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 8:37 pm

So, so happy for David today!
He finally got a win in NASCAR. Now the media can get off his back a little.

Looking for more success for the 6 car this year...Erik Darnell will get his chance next week at Richmond.

Awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: David Ragan gets win #1 in NW   David Ragan gets win #1 in NW EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 11:16 pm

WTG David and the 6 team! Cool
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: David Ragan gets win #1 in NW   David Ragan gets win #1 in NW EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 12:28 am

I'm not to sure Matt is happy with his teammate.
Thank goodness Matt is OK.

Sorry... my bad, I'll be happy for David when he gets his win in CUP.
<not in a lessor series>
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: David Ragan gets win #1 in NW   David Ragan gets win #1 in NW EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 4:36 am

I'm not sure why everyone thinks David took out Matt on purpose... that was just a racing deal, it happens.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: David Ragan gets win #1 in NW   David Ragan gets win #1 in NW EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 9:10 am

David did absolutely nothing wrong in that situation.

Matt pulled down on David, and the 88 was bump-drafting David. There was no way David could slow down without wrecking himself because he was being pushed and had a run... so, he ran on into Matt and Matt lost it. Not sure how that can be blamed on David?

Matt had no business dropping down when that lane had such a big run and everyone was bump drafting (so they could not slow down to let him in).

IMO - Matt made the mistake in this situation, not David.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: David Ragan gets win #1 in NW   David Ragan gets win #1 in NW EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 10:35 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
David did absolutely nothing wrong in that situation.

Matt pulled down on David, and the 88 was bump-drafting David. There was no way David could slow down without wrecking himself because he was being pushed and had a run... so, he ran on into Matt and Matt lost it. Not sure how that can be blamed on David?

Matt had no business dropping down when that lane had such a big run and everyone was bump drafting (so they could not slow down to let him in).

IMO - Matt made the mistake in this situation, not David.
I love them both but your right IT WASN'T DAVID'S FAULT. NOW AS FAR AS CUP DRIVERS RACING IN THE NW SERIES-------------ALL WRONG--NASCAR FIX IT AND MAKE IT RIGHT
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: David Ragan gets win #1 in NW   David Ragan gets win #1 in NW EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 10:57 am

Andrew I have read recently(past 2 weeks) that Kimmel has visited the Roush/YATES Engine shop to ask advice on set-ups for this weeks Dega Race. Me----I'm hoping they were setting up a time table for the FR9 Engine. Seems far more logical than setting up for Dega when they are working with an engine that the Chevy group is running all over them..
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: David Ragan gets win #1 in NW   David Ragan gets win #1 in NW EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 3:48 pm

Frank seems to have a good relationship with the people at Roush and Ford, so I would not be surprised if he was the first to get to try out the FR9 in an ARCA race sometime.

They really do need to hurry along with it, though!
Back to top Go down
FordGT

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: David Ragan gets win #1 in NW   David Ragan gets win #1 in NW EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 8:00 pm

DeeDee wrote:
I'm not to sure Matt is happy with his teammate.
Thank goodness Matt is OK.

Sorry... my bad, I'll be happy for David when he gets his win in CUP.
<not in a lessor series>

Yeah I made a comment on Rudd's board that I was A LITTLE (had to put that in caps since those that whined about my reply overthere missed it) for hitting Matt. Yes, Matt tried to get back in front of David but Matt didn't make the rear end of his car lift off the ground!!! So David WAS partly at fault. Hell he bumped Truex I think today. Maybe a little off on the reaction time, but anyways I'm glad he won the race yesterday.

Glad Carl was ok too after that deal today. I really hate these "races". Oh and Jeff Burton is my hero!!! The only one who deserved to get hit today was Kyle and glad Jeff Burton did what he did.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: David Ragan gets win #1 in NW   David Ragan gets win #1 in NW EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 1:16 am

FordGT wrote:
The only one who deserved to get hit today was Kyle and glad Jeff Burton did what he did.
AMEN! YES... WTG Jeff. Very Happy I hate the plate races also.

I only watched about 15 minutes of the race, just during commercial time while watching the Grand Am race. That was a first all season cus I stopped watching NW. I think it pathetic watching Cup Drivers/Teams kill that series. I just don't have anything good to say when a Cup driver wins races in that series. Go win them in Cup series then I'll praise ya. Not in a lessor series. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
FordGT

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: David Ragan gets win #1 in NW   David Ragan gets win #1 in NW EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 11:05 am

DeeDee wrote:
FordGT wrote:
The only one who deserved to get hit today was Kyle and glad Jeff Burton did what he did.
AMEN! YES... WTG Jeff. Very Happy I hate the plate races also.

I only watched about 15 minutes of the race, just during commercial time while watching the Grand Am race. That was a first all season cus I stopped watching NW. I think it pathetic watching Cup Drivers/Teams kill that series. I just don't have anything good to say when a Cup driver wins races in that series. Go win them in Cup series then I'll praise ya. Not in a lessor series. Rolling Eyes

Well I agree with you for the most part, but David still needs to drive both races. I'd say next year someone else should drive the 6 NW car.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: David Ragan gets win #1 in NW   David Ragan gets win #1 in NW EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 2:18 am

This is David's 3rd season in Cup. He shouldn't have a need to run both series at this point.
It's OK for Rookie Cup drivers to race both series. Once they have a full season of Cup under there belt they have no business.
After that it shouldn't be anything more then a handful of races (a season) in any lessor series. ~JMO
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: David Ragan gets win #1 in NW   David Ragan gets win #1 in NW EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 3:49 am

IMO it should be like it used to. The Cup drivers only running handfuls of races each season rather than running the full season and taking championship hopes away from up-and-comers just because their owners can afford to fund a car better than every NW-only team.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: David Ragan gets win #1 in NW   David Ragan gets win #1 in NW EmptyFri May 01, 2009 1:43 am

I totally agree RD
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: David Ragan gets win #1 in NW   David Ragan gets win #1 in NW EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:39 pm

RacingDude wrote:
IMO it should be like it used to. The Cup drivers only running handfuls of races each season rather than running the full season and taking championship hopes away from up-and-comers just because their owners can afford to fund a car better than every NW-only team.

It definitely made the races better to watch and follow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Ragan gets win #1 in NW   David Ragan gets win #1 in NW Empty

Back to top Go down

David Ragan gets win #1 in NW
Page 1 of 1