Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ragan, Roush comment on FR9

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Ragan, Roush comment on FR9 Empty
PostSubject: Ragan, Roush comment on FR9   Ragan, Roush comment on FR9 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 8:45 pm

Quote :
DAVID RAGAN – No. 6 UPS Ford Fusion (Finished 17th) – “Our UPS Ford was pretty fast, but we were just at the mercy of everyone around us. It was just kind of a terrible race today in general. There was a lot of single-file racing. I know it’s exciting there at the end, but what happens is NASCAR slows these cars down. They’re too easy to drive and everyone just gets kind of crazy. It’s a shame to tear up a lot of good race cars like that for kind of being stupid, but that’s restrictor plate racing. I’m glad we only have to do it three or four times a year.” HOW WAS THE NEW ENGINE? “The new engine performed great. We didn’t have any issues. We ran cool all day and had good power with great fuel mileage. It’ll be interesting to see when those guys get back to North Carolina. They’ll look at the valvetrain and the inside, but from where I was sitting it was pretty good.”

Quote :
JACK ROUSH CONTINUED – WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE FR9 ENGINE? “I was very confident of the engines themselves for all the moving parts of the engine. I was a little bit of a question about the valvetrain and the valve spring, but all the basic engineering that’s gone into that engine has just been the best I’ve ever seen, so I was confident of that. I was most nervous about that mechanically-driven fuel pump, if you recall, that virtually all the teams that have gone to engines with these rear fuel cell mounted cable driven fuel pumps have had trouble, and I was just scared to death that we’d break a chain, break a cable, or have trouble with that fuel pump, but the fuel pump worked good. The engine did what it might. We’ve got to work on getting it as lean as we had the existing engine. We weren’t as lean. We didn’t quite get the fuel mileage out of the 17 and out of the 6 that we did, but that’s not because of anything inherent in the engine. That was just my lack of confidence in what I was seeing to do what I thought I might do and I’ll be more confident and we’ll be more aggressive with that when we go to Daytona.”

MORE FORD QUOTES
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com

Ragan, Roush comment on FR9
Page 1 of 1