Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Truex Jr. unsure of future plans

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Truex Jr. unsure of future plans Empty
PostSubject: Truex Jr. unsure of future plans   Truex Jr. unsure of future plans EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 12:40 am

Quote :
Truex Jr. unsure of future plans: #1-Martin Truex Jr. said he'll make a decision soon on where he'll drive in 2010 and beyond. The two-time Nationwide champion signed a one-year deal last August to stay with Dale Earnhardt Inc., which merged with Chip Ganassi Racing in the offseason. Though Truex says he's "100 percent committed" to Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing and enjoys his crew, the timing and ambiguity caused by the merger — which moved Truex's #1 Chevrolet into Ganassi's shop in late December — left the team in disarray. "We just lost our way and needed time to regroup and that's why we started out slow," he said. "We sat on our hands all winter, not because we wanted to but because we were forced into doing it, and it hurt us." Truex wouldn't put a timetable on a career decision but said he has begun "laying the groundwork" for signing a long-term deal. "There's a lot of things that go into this with the economy the way it is," he said. "I need to put myself in a happy home for the next three to five years. A lot of things will drive that decision."(USA Today)(4-25-2009)
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. unsure of future plans   Truex Jr. unsure of future plans EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:25 pm

I'd say it's time to look elsewhere...
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. unsure of future plans   Truex Jr. unsure of future plans EmptyTue May 05, 2009 9:21 pm

Montoya has been running very well with the team. It seems like the cars are much better than last year...
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. unsure of future plans   Truex Jr. unsure of future plans EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:14 am

well ya he's not in a dodge no more

In a way I'd like to see Truex move over to SHR, in a way I say no...... it's very early to expand, but I'd say if he can bring all year sponsorship come along for the ride.... rather have him over Brad K
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. unsure of future plans   Truex Jr. unsure of future plans EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:08 pm

Honestly speaking... I think Brad's a good driver. He'd do very well in a Cup ride, and next season wouldn't be a bad time for him to move up, nor for SHR to add a third team.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. unsure of future plans   Truex Jr. unsure of future plans EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:54 pm

I agree with that. SHR is doing an amazing job already- both cars in the top 12 and running very well. Adding a 3rd for Brad would make sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truex Jr. unsure of future plans   Truex Jr. unsure of future plans Empty

Back to top Go down

Truex Jr. unsure of future plans
Page 1 of 1