Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mikey undecided about future plans

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Mikey undecided about future plans Empty
PostSubject: Mikey undecided about future plans   Mikey undecided about future plans EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 12:47 am

Quote :
Mikey undecided about future plans: #55-Michael Waltrip says it is too early to decide if he will retire at the end of this season or return in 2010. Waltrip has not won a race since 2003 and enters Sunday's race at Talladega Superspeedway 25th in the Sprint Cup standings. He could retire and devote his full energy to running Michael Waltrip Racing, which also fields entries for #00-David Reutimann and #47-Marcos Ambrose. Waltrip opened the season with a seventh-place finish in the Daytona 500, but has finished 24th or worse in five other Cup races. Waltrip said on Saturday that he still wants to race, believes he can win again in the #55 and wants to win a championship for his longtime sponsor (NAPA).(Associated Press)(4-25-2009)

I say retire Mikey. I just don't see him getting a championship for NAPA.
Hire Bires to fill that seat. Wink
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Mikey undecided about future plans   Mikey undecided about future plans EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 4:34 am

If Mikey needs to retire, then so does Robby Gordon considering MWR is doing a lot better than RGM. Wink
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Mikey undecided about future plans   Mikey undecided about future plans EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 9:06 am

Mikey admitted that he has never been and probably never will be in contention for a championship, and he said that was very frustrating for him. Also on Trackside he said that he wants to keeps running if he can run competitively with his teammates and get the NAPA Camry up front.

I like Mikey ... I hope he starts to run a little better. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mikey undecided about future plans   Mikey undecided about future plans Empty

Back to top Go down

Mikey undecided about future plans
Page 1 of 1