Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing Empty
PostSubject: What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing   What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing EmptyMon May 11, 2009 1:45 pm

What if Yates would have offered up half of the company to lure Tony Stewart. That might have been more tempting to Stewart considering Yates, even at that time, had a stronger program than Haas.

Think of Stewart and Newman with Yates power.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing   What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:59 pm

[quote="eehwkram"]What if Yates would have offered up half of the company to lure Tony Stewart. That might have been more tempting to Stewart considering Yates, even at that time, had a stronger program than Haas.

Think of Stewart and Newman with Yates power.[/q Stewart is a CHEVY MAN------OH and they better get that NEW ENGINE ON THE TRACK AND SOON. POWER IS questionable at this time LOL
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing   What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing EmptyMon May 11, 2009 3:44 pm

Yeah, Tony wanted to go back with Chevy. I don't think he would have had any interest in driving Yates Fords.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
davidiam

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-04-10

PostSubject: Re: What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing   What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing EmptyMon May 11, 2009 5:33 pm

Did anyone hear Larry Mac and the guys talking about Yates and the Roush drivers friday. They were talking about Jamie coming over to Yates and how he though it would be a possitive thing for him. He would be out from under the cloud of all the Roush drivers. And he would be the man at Yates. But then he talked about something i never though of. He said with how good Stewert is doing in a spin off team of Hendrick. Would one of the Roush big three thing about doing the same thing with Yates. And i have to say if that is a option i like it. That could be the one thing Yates needs to bring it altogether, a big name to get the money back. What do y'all think is it a option and would it work. Ofcourse the name YATES would have to be listed first on the new company name if it happened. Just think Yates/Edwards Racing sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953

PostSubject: Re: What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing   What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing EmptyMon May 11, 2009 5:54 pm

Well David first, we have to make sure this FR9 NEW FORD/YATES ENGINES is all that is crack up to be. If all goes well, we won't have any problems getting SPONSORS. This will mean YATES WILL STAND ALONE. I have to admit that seems, at this time, a long way off. FIRST LETS GET TO TESTING AND RACING THAT NEW ENGINE NOW

ANDREW WHILE YOU WERE AT DARLINGTON, did you hear any rumors about the FR9.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing   What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing EmptyMon May 11, 2009 10:22 pm

Wouldn't happen because of their allegiances to the car makes, but if it happened- wow. What Tony and Ryan have done with those two teams that habe always been mid-pack or worse teams is amazing.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing   What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing EmptyTue May 12, 2009 3:56 pm

First, I like the idea of giving part of the ownership of Yates to a big name driver to bring in increased help from Roush. It has done wonders for the Haas team. If Yates could work out a deal with Carl or Greg or Matt, I'm sure they could lure some other good drivers over. I think it would be great - would like to see it happen.

Quote :
ANDREW WHILE YOU WERE AT DARLINGTON, did you hear any rumors about the FR9.

I did have pit passes for the first time ever (which was awesome) and talked to a few crew people, but no, I didn't hear anything about the new engine. Sure hope to see it on track soon.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing   What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing Empty

Back to top Go down

What might have been: Stewart-Yates Racing
Page 1 of 1