Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series Empty
PostSubject: GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series   GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 10:27 pm

GM cutting support in Nationwide & Truck Series: UPDATE: General Motors is cutting factory support for Chevy teams competing in NASCAR's Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series as the automaker restructures under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, according to a story that will appear in Friday's edition of SportsBusiness Journal. According to SBJ's Michael Smith, who wrote the story, the cost-cutting measures are likely to have the greatest affect on larger organizations, such as Kevin Harvick Inc., which fields teams in both series, and Rusty Wallace Inc. and JR Motorsports, which field teams in the Nationwide Series. As Smith points out, support from manufacturers typically comes in the forms of engines, parts and cash. In most cases, factory support goes to larger, more substantial organizations, while smaller teams receive little assistance, if any. "Chevy's (and GM's) involvement in racing is a sound business decision that translates directly into the sale of cars and trucks," an unidentified GM spokesperson said in a statement provided to SBJ. "It is essential, however, that we continue to look at every penny we spend as General Motors takes the necessary steps to become a leaner company with a significantly stronger balance sheet. While Chevy Racing is talking to its business partners about ways to reduce cost and maximize the return on investment, it is our policy to not talk about the details of business relationships with our partners."(Sporting News)(6-12-2009)

UPDATE: General Motors is planning to cut back on its support of NASCAR teams in all of the sanctioning body's professional series. Chevy spokesman Terry Rhadigan says GM, which is reorganizing through bankruptcy, is discussing what he described as incremental cutbacks in support. He says cuts will be made soon and that the discussions are "indeed NASCAR-wide." Rhadigan would not say if one series would be affected more than others, nor would he say the size of the cuts or how much GM spends on NASCAR. The automaker, through its Chevy brand, provides cash and other support to teams including engines and parts.(Associated Press)(6-12-2009)

~Jayski~

Maybe Ford can acquire some new teams from this...
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series   GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 12:18 am

Maybe Smile
It sucks to drive a Chevy Laughing Wink
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series   GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 8:12 am

Maybe Ford can acquire some new teams from this... Andrew

This may be true but can FORD take on the new expense? Didn't FORD drop their involvement with the Truck Series. I don't think FORD would get themself in the same predicerment that Chevy has by over spending until its a heckava lot safer to do so. (but one or maybe two new teams does sound nice)
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series   GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 9:09 am

Ford does have financial issues of their own, yes, but I think they could benefit from picking up at least one more solid team.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series   GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 9:12 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Ford does have financial issues of their own, yes, but I think they could benefit from picking up at least one more solid team.

Which one would you like to see come over//// Me--Penski
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series   GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 9:16 am

I would like to see Penske back with Ford, but with him purchasing Saturn and having time left on his Dodge contract, I don't see him making that move.

Once I started to think about what teams Chevy has, they really don't have that many good team. RCR and Hendrick mainly. Stewart-Haas as well, but that's basically Hendrick#2. I don't think Ford would be able to get any of those.

Looks like the best option may be Earnhardt Ganassi Racing. That team has run pretty well this year with Juan Pablo Montoya. But then again, the last thing that Ford needs is another team struggling to find sponsorship.

I really don't know who they'd be able to get.

Since Richard Petty said Dodge had quit providing them with support, maybe the Petty team would be interested in a change. I'd love to see that team with Ford, and I don't think that idea is too far-fetched if Dodge continues to not give them support. (Roger Penske said that Dodge was still paying him...?)
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series   GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 9:20 am

. (Roger Penske said that Dodge was still paying him...?) But---- how much longer???

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series   GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 4:42 pm

ummmm RCR isn't doing that well..... they are struggling..... only one is barely holding onto a chase spot

the only good teams Chevy has as of late is HMS and SHR
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series   GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 7:43 pm

This is true. RCR has struggled mightily of late. They seem to be getting a little better though.
But, Hendrick and SHR are very strong - they make up for the slow start by RCR.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series   GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 2:21 am

RCR seems to struggle every year that they add a new team. They added the 31, and Dale Earnhardt went winless. When they added the 30/07, all three teams finished outside the top-15 in points. And with the addition of the 33, Jeff Burton is currently the only one safe in the Chase.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series   GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series Empty

Back to top Go down

GM cutting support across NASCAR's 3 series
Page 1 of 1