Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's up with Roush's five teams?

Go down 
+3
TeamBlueOval
RacingDude
DeeDee
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

What's up with Roush's five teams? Empty
PostSubject: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 12:19 am

Quote :
What's up with Roush's five teams? Roush Fenway Racing President Geoff Smith on the team cutting from five teams to four after this season (as mandated by NASCAR to meet its four-car limit): “We’re still messing with the sponsorship pieces,’’ Smith said. “We’re still not sure how it’s going to lay out. We thought we’d be done by now but we’re not.’’ One of the teams will move to Yates next year, Smith said. Smith also was asked about the status of signing Jamie McMurray to a contract extension: “Jamie wants to stay. We’d like him to stay. We’re hoping we can have sponsorship around Jamie before he has to decide how much longer he can wait. We’ve been working together. Hopefully we’ll have that worked out pretty quickly before he has to turn his attention to the marketplace.’’(Virginia Pilot)(6-22-2009)
Does that mean than that David is on the bubble? ... moving to Yates?
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 1:30 am

Dunno. Just because they're saying that they want to keep Jamie now doesn't mean they WILL.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 4:45 pm

It is my opinion that Jack Roush wants the 26 team to move to Yates. I can't see him wanting to dump one of his star drivers - Edwards, Biffle, and Kenseth, or his original number, 6.

Unless they swap some stuff around, I think Jamie is on his way out - either to Yates or to the free agent market.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Sounds like Crown Royal might not be coming back? I've thought for a while now that it would definitely be Jamie that would be moved, but I'm not so sure. Maybe Jamie goes into the 6 car with UPS? Maybe not. I don't think David's position is as locked in as it was. It's a hard call.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 6:32 pm

David hasn't helped his cause this year. He has struggled more than I think anyone expected. I thought he was almost a lock for the Chase, and he's struggling to make the top-30.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 6:51 pm

Do you know what has been the problems with the 6 car this year? David did a great job improving his performance last year, but this year has been a major disappointment. UPS can't be happy either with Hamlin doing well and even their old driver Reutimann doing so well.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 6:53 pm

There have been several weeks that they've had good cars, but bad luck. Then again, they have just been off in some races.

All of Roush Fenway has struggled to an extent this year, though. I'm not really sure where the problems are, especially with the 6 team. They have been so much worse than what me and most others thought....
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 1:05 am

Quote :
Latest on Roush Fenway Racing having to trim a team: The five-car stable of Roush Fenway Racing (#16-Greg Biffle, #99-Carl Edwards, #17-Matt Kenseth, #6-David Ragan, #26-Jamie McMurray) must be trimmed to four vehicles for the 2010 season. According to Brian Corcoran, executive vice president of Fenway Sports Group, a decision should take place by August because of sponsorship obligations. An alternative is for one of the drivers (most likely Ragan or McMurray) to switch to Yates Racing, the current home of #96-Bobby Labonte and #98-Paul Menard. Roush has an existing partnership with Yates. “Should be an interesting 45 days,’’ Corcoran said. Corcoran also noted that Roush is still in discussions with DeWalt, the primary sponsor of Kenseth’s #17 Ford. Currently, DeWalt may not have the funds to continue primary sponsorship of the #17 next season.(Boston Globe)(6-29-2009)
I really figured that McMurray would be the one to make the move to Yates.
Looking at the standings now (McMurry 22nd/Ragan 30th) I think it's likely that Ragan will be dropped. Guess we will be finding out shortly.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyThu Jul 02, 2009 12:32 pm

ANDREW, DIDN'T FORD COME OUT WITH A DIFFERENT NOSE ON THEIR CAR? COULD THIS BE THE PROBLEM THEY ARE HAVING THIS YEAR?
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 6:26 pm

Yatesracing wrote:
ANDREW, DIDN'T FORD COME OUT WITH A DIFFERENT NOSE ON THEIR CAR? COULD THIS BE THE PROBLEM THEY ARE HAVING THIS YEAR?

They do have a new nose this year, don't know if that has anything to do with the problems or not, though... something is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 6:31 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Yatesracing wrote:

They do have a new nose this year, don't know if that has anything to do with the problems or not, though... something is wrong.
I just hope they aren't using last years set-ups. They usually use the setups from the previous time they have raced at the same tracks for a starting point.. Your right, something is radically wrong.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 9:07 pm

well didn't other teams bring out new engines???? I heard supposedly ford's doesn't come out until late this year
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 9:09 pm

Dog wrote:
well didn't other teams bring out new engines???? I heard supposedly ford's doesn't come out until late this year
Thats the story I read. Sometime in Aug.
Back to top Go down
alum98

alum98

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 9:36 am

It would be nice if the 26 & 6 were not running so poorly this year. Neither has done much and I like them both!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/alum98
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 1:43 am

Ford-Roush in general is not running very well this season.
Fords are running just alittle bit better then Dodge.

Manufacturer Points System Breakdown

I don't think August can get here soon enough. Shocked
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:25 pm

At this point, I am just hoping Carl can get at least one win this season because right now, his 2009 is merely a shadow of last year.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:48 am

RacingDude wrote:
At this point, I am just hoping Carl can get at least one win this season because right now, his 2009 is merely a shadow of last year.
I'm sure Carl is well aware of this. Looking for a much better showing from Carl and all the FORD TEAMS in the seconf half.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 7:56 pm

Quote :
Ragan the odd man out at Roush? Who will be the odd man out at Roush Fenway Racing? According to published reports, Roush Fenway president Geoff Smith is putting together a sponsor package that would keep #26-Jamie McMurray in the fold. McMurray, whose contract expires after this season, has been speculated as the most likely to be moved to satellite team, Yates Racing, to get Roush to four teams. If McMurray stays then #6-David Ragan becomes the top candidate to leave because #17-Matt Kenseth, #99-Carl Edwards and #16-Greg Biffle signed new deals within the last year. A decision on restructuring should come by September at the latest. Roush has until next season to move from five to four teams as NASCAR mandated when it put a cap on teams.(ESPN Insider)(7-21-2009)
~Jayski

My new, crazy prediction: McMurray and Ragan go to Yates. Brian Vickers comes to Roush Fenway and takes over the 6.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 8:42 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Quote :
Ragan the odd man out at Roush? Who will be the odd man out at Roush Fenway Racing? According to published reports, Roush Fenway president Geoff Smith is putting together a sponsor package that would keep #26-Jamie McMurray in the fold. McMurray, whose contract expires after this season, has been speculated as the most likely to be moved to satellite team, Yates Racing, to get Roush to four teams. If McMurray stays then #6-David Ragan becomes the top candidate to leave because #17-Matt Kenseth, #99-Carl Edwards and #16-Greg Biffle signed new deals within the last year. A decision on restructuring should come by September at the latest. Roush has until next season to move from five to four teams as NASCAR mandated when it put a cap on teams.(ESPN Insider)(7-21-2009)
~Jayski

My new, crazy prediction: McMurray and Ragan go to Yates. Brian Vickers comes to Roush Fenway and takes over the 6.
I would like that but if Red Bull gives him up He is crazy
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 8:58 pm

I don't think he's happy at Red Bull anymore. He and Scott Speed don't get along, as is evident by some recent interviews.

Brad Keselowski will probably end up in the 83 if they switch to Chevy. Not sure if Brian would want to be back with a Hendrick alliance either. He drove for them in the past, and it didn't go so well.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 9:48 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
I don't think he's happy at Red Bull anymore. He and Scott Speed don't get along, as is evident by some recent interviews.

Brad Keselowski will probably end up in the 83 if they switch to Chevy. Not sure if Brian would want to be back with a Hendrick alliance either. He drove for them in the past, and it didn't go so well.
Well than nothing is impossible. You may get your wish (I hope, I hope) I want Colins in a YATES CAR
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 6:17 pm

UPS Marketing director says David Ragan WILL STAY at Roush Fenway next year

Quote :
SPEEDWAY, Ind. - Roush Fenway Racing appears to have finalized their Cup driver lineup for 2010.

With Carl Edwards, Matt Kenseth and Greg Biffle all signed to long term contracts, multiple sources have told FOXSports.com that David Ragan will be the fourth driver at the team next year.

"Absolutely, I can confirm that David Ragan will be driving for UPS in the No. 6 Roush Fenway car," said Zak Brown, CEO of Just Marketing International, which handles the UPS marketing account.

According to NASCAR rules, RFR has to downsize from five to four teams by the end of this year.

Although he was expected to have a breakthrough year after finishing 13th in the standings in 2008, Ragan has floundered this season as is currently ranked 30th in the standings with just one top-10 finish to his credit through 19 races — which led to speculation that he could be on the way out.

Team owner Jack Roush took the initiative of placing engineer Chris Andrews on the pit box for the last five races alongside crew chief Jimmy Fennig, but Ragan still had not regained the magic he enjoyed in 2008.

Jamie McMurray, the fifth driver at RFR, is likely headed across the street from the Roush shop to Yates Racing, which is a satellite organization of RFR. However, another option appears to be a reunion with former boss Chip Ganassi.
~FOXSports
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Andrew I have looked all over for the answer and I haven't found one. Ford Teams will be getting a New FORD Engine soon. Will the NW series and Truck series be getting an UPDATED FORD ENGINE ALSO?
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 7:56 pm

I haven't heard anything as far as that goes, either. BUT, my guess would be YES. Wouldn't look for the new engine in the NW series until early or mid-2010, though. Obviously the Cup series is the main focus.

As for the truck series, I'm not sure if they'll do an updated engine there or not. The only team running Fords next year will be Circle Bar Racing. Roush Fenway has already announced that they were suspending their truck team at the end of the season and moving Colin to NW.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:44 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
I haven't heard anything as far as that goes, either. BUT, my guess would be YES. Wouldn't look for the new engine in the NW series until early or mid-2010, though. Obviously the Cup series is the main focus.

As for the truck series, I'm not sure if they'll do an updated engine there or not. The only team running Fords next year will be Circle Bar Racing. Roush Fenway has already announced that they were suspending their truck team at the end of the season and moving Colin to NW.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's up with Roush's five teams?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next