Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's up with Roush's five teams?

Go down 
+3
TeamBlueOval
RacingDude
DeeDee
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

What's up with Roush's five teams? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:54 am

DeeDee wrote:
Quote :
But wasn't TECHNICAL HELP PART OF THIS SO CALLED ALLIANCE?????
I'm not sure. It may have. ??

I have to laugh with the way that Stewart is going that maybe Hendrick is supply them with too much info. Laughing
That may stop. Wink
Funny I was thinking the same thing. That help may start to drindle a bit. LOL
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 11:00 am

Not really, because technically Hendrick would still get the recognition for winning the championship. Wink
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 6:07 pm

Ricky's average finish should have been better than it was too. I can think of a handful of times Ricky had great runs going but something broke or he got caught in someone else's mess. It's too bad he and Fatback couldn't have hooked up earlier (or kept it going in 06 Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 4:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 4:55 pm

ANDREW , AFTER YOU READ THIS ARTICLE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 5:30 pm

HERE IS SOMETHING ELSE to think about.
How about you? After reading this part of the article carefully, I get the impression that he is working on the old engine with this new cooling syste,.

What do those Rick Hendrick-engineered Chevys have that has proven to be such an edge this season? One theory is that Hendrick teams are using an exotic, and expensive, high-pressure engine cooling system (with as much as 50 psi) that allows those cars to run more downforce on the nose, making the cars turn better on high-speed tracks.
"We're making some inquiries right now about new things that might revolutionize our cooling systems as well," Roush says, without further explanation.

Roush is not only dealing with all that, and trying to find the tricks needed to run against arch-rival Hendrick, but he and Yates are also working feverishly to get the new Ford engine off the dyno and onto the race track. And that engine project has gone slower than anticipated
THESE ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS IMO ROUSH WORKING ON THE OLD ENGINE AND YATES WORKING ON THE NEW ENGINE
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:32 pm

Whatever Hendrick has been doing, it's obviously been the right thing to do. It wouldn't hurt Roush to try something like this either, considering that they've been slow in qualifying pretty much all season, which seems to hinder David and Jamie at least. Carl, Greg and Matt can all drive up to the front, and are all in the Chase (which really surprises me considering how Roush's season has been).

From what I hear, Mike Mulhern isn't trusted a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 6:26 pm

Great to see that they are working on some radical changes to the cooling system. If that is able to create more downforce, it will certainly make the cars better.

Some other interesting things I picked up...

Quote :
"But when we get in the chase, we will have cars that are low-risk and high-confidence…that will be a change from what we've had most of the year.

That quote was from Jack Roush. It's good to hear that, so maybe we'll see one of the Roush cars make a run at the title.

Quote :
On top of all that, Roush is now suddenly faced with what looks like a new, still somewhat nebulous, NASCAR-Daytona initiative to re-badge this sport – in some way – as more eco-friendly and more appealing to younger demographics, from say 15-20.

Hmm... wonder what this could be? More major changes to change demographic...? They keep changing everything and making it worse most of the time...

Quote :
That comes amid declining crowds and sluggish TV ratings, and a sense that NASCAR might need to put some more pizzazz into this whole sport.

Or, maybe they could take some of their recent "pizzazz" out. I like the look of the COT, but it hasn't been the greatest racing. I'd like to see the wing replaced with a spoiler like the NW COT car.

But, all in all, a lot of that article seemed a little out there. Not sure how much is true and how much is pure speculation.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's up with Roush's five teams?   What's up with Roush's five teams? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's up with Roush's five teams?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3