Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lagasse out; Denny Hamlin to drive #11 in 2 races

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Lagasse out; Denny Hamlin to drive #11 in 2 races Empty
PostSubject: Lagasse out; Denny Hamlin to drive #11 in 2 races   Lagasse out; Denny Hamlin to drive #11 in 2 races EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 6:12 pm

Quote :
Lagasse out at CJM after Iowa: CJM Racing has announced that Denny Hamlin, driver of the #11 FedEx Toyota for Joe Gibbs Racing, will pilot the #11 CJM Racing Toyota at the upcoming races at Watkins Glen and Michigan. Scott Lagasse, Jr., will continue to drive the #11 entry at O'Reilly Raceway Park and Iowa. An announcement regarding the future driver lineup will be made at a later time.(CJM Racing PR)(7-24-2009)

Another NW driver replaced by a Cup driver in the NATIONWIDE series. No
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Lagasse out; Denny Hamlin to drive #11 in 2 races   Lagasse out; Denny Hamlin to drive #11 in 2 races EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 12:50 am

Sad...
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Lagasse out; Denny Hamlin to drive #11 in 2 races   Lagasse out; Denny Hamlin to drive #11 in 2 races EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 12:22 pm

Quote :
UPDATE 2: hearing that Kelly Bires could run some races in the #11 later this year.(7-25-2009)

That would be good!
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Lagasse out; Denny Hamlin to drive #11 in 2 races   Lagasse out; Denny Hamlin to drive #11 in 2 races EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 5:12 pm

I would like to see that since Bires is still a Nationwide driver. Cool
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Lagasse out; Denny Hamlin to drive #11 in 2 races   Lagasse out; Denny Hamlin to drive #11 in 2 races EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 6:16 pm

Looks like since the team let Lagasse go, the Pizza Company dropped their funding of the #11! Talk about a total backfire! Laughing

Quote :
UPDATE 3: The team's sponsor, America's Incredible Pizza Company, will remain on the #11 through the Iowa race, a news release said. Company president Rick Barsness said it will continue "our branding with Scott through new store openings and other promotions." That could mean Lagasse could end up with another Nationwide team, with sponsorship from the Pizza Company. "The Pizza Company, from what I know, is [going] continue their branding and they're very happy with me," Lagasse said. "What that means, I don't know. I have not had those discussions."(SceneDaily)(7-25-2009)

-Jayski
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Lagasse out; Denny Hamlin to drive #11 in 2 races   Lagasse out; Denny Hamlin to drive #11 in 2 races EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 6:42 pm

Seems like they didn't think that decision through very well. I'm sure they didn't know their sponsor would leave if they fired Lagasse! Oops... lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lagasse out; Denny Hamlin to drive #11 in 2 races   Lagasse out; Denny Hamlin to drive #11 in 2 races Empty

Back to top Go down

Lagasse out; Denny Hamlin to drive #11 in 2 races
Page 1 of 1