Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session

Go down 
+2
DeeDee
TeamBlueOval
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session Empty
PostSubject: Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session   Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 1:01 am

http://www.nascar.com/races/bg/2009/25/data/lineup.html

Edwards 2nd, Fellows, Said, and Coleman in the top-5. Hope to see some rain during the race tomorrow as well!!
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session   Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:04 am

Yeah!!!!! He did smoke the field in the rain Very Happy cheers Very Happy WTG MARCOS!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
I also hope it rains during the race. Wink That was a fun qualifying to watch.

Didn't Said blow an engine during qualifying? So he'll be starting in the back. Probably a good thing, as far away from Ambrose as possible.
Sorry, but I think Said is an idiot. I saw a side of him that was uncalled for when he had problems with Marcos and made a threat that he would wreck him in the future. Rolling Eyes Come on Boris, you are better then that. Crying or Very sad Well, I hope so at least.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session   Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:11 pm

I didn't see qualifying, so I'm not sure, but I don't see anything about Boris losing a motor...
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session   Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 10:27 pm

All I can say is CONGRADULATION CARL---GOOD JOB---Never saw Carl drive so hard
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session   Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 10:38 pm

Felt bad for Marcos, but if you make one mistake in the final turn, you might as well kiss your chance at victory good-bye.

Congrats to Carl and the entire #60 Citifinancial team!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session   Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 11:15 pm

that was a crazy finish! i thought marcos had all but wrapped up on the last lap. but carl was gaining on him & marcos gave carl all he needed & made the mistake. happy that carl won! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session   Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 1:02 am

That was a very Kyle Busch type interview from Marcos there.... little bit of attitude from the Aussie...

Congrats to Carl! Smile Nice job keeping the pressure on and taking advantage of the slip!
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session   Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:42 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
That was a very Kyle Busch type interview from Marcos there.... little bit of attitude from the Aussie...

Congrats to Carl! Smile Nice job keeping the pressure on and taking advantage of the slip!
Exactly. Carl never left his tail and never gave up. Wow what an ending. Missed Marcos interview maybe I'll find it somewhere but in the mean time I still think Marcos is a nice guy ,just can't root for a driver in a TOY.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session   Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:49 am

Menard was doing a great job during the whole race and than WHA HAPPEN???????????? He ends up 15th(i THINK)
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session   Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:08 am

Two laps and Colin blows an engine or something went wrong. Wonder could he have been testing something for FORD's New engine. (like that new cooling system)
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session   Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:35 am

Menard got wrecked with two laps to go... that's a shame too because he had a good run going. Sad
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session   Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 1:55 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Shocked

He showed true emotion. He was totally upset with himself....and he really didn't care to talk about it w/pit reporters. He screwed up. Sad
You shouldn't compare him to Kyle. That's wrong.

It was a total heartbreak for him. He was the class of the field ALL day long. He got screwed by the cautions at the end and made one mistake that lost him the race. What a heartbreak. Yeah I guess that might give ya a bit of an attitude ...... earned.

I felt so bad for him Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session   Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:12 pm

Yatesracing wrote:
Exactly. Carl never left his tail and never gave up.

from his interview it sounded like he did
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session   Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:13 pm

DeeDee wrote:
He was the class of the field ALL day long.

not day- weekend
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session   Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:03 am

I'm just used to Marcos being happy and more positive after races. Not used ot short-fused comments and then walking off from him.

Not all drivers can be as positive after bad things in their interviews as Carl Edwards, I guess.... Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session   Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:33 am

Dog wrote:
Yatesracing wrote:
Exactly. Carl never left his tail and never gave up.

from his interview it sounded like he did
I guess it depends on your interpretation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session   Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session Empty

Back to top Go down

Ambrose smokes field in rainy, slow qualifying session
Page 1 of 1