Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It looks like it might be safe to skip watching the Atlanta race tomorrow night

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

It looks like it might be safe to skip watching the Atlanta race tomorrow night Empty
PostSubject: It looks like it might be safe to skip watching the Atlanta race tomorrow night   It looks like it might be safe to skip watching the Atlanta race tomorrow night EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm

I remember last year at Atlanta when Kvapil and Gilliland were lapped in the first 1/10th of the race. I would guess we will see more of the same tomorrow night with Menard and Darnell.

In a way I wan t to watch to see Darnell, then in another, why waste time watching a race where we aren't even competitive?
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

It looks like it might be safe to skip watching the Atlanta race tomorrow night Empty
PostSubject: Re: It looks like it might be safe to skip watching the Atlanta race tomorrow night   It looks like it might be safe to skip watching the Atlanta race tomorrow night EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 1:07 am

Darnell has been awful thus far this weekend; the car is WAY off pace.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Merri

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: It looks like it might be safe to skip watching the Atlanta race tomorrow night   It looks like it might be safe to skip watching the Atlanta race tomorrow night EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 1:04 am

eehwkram wrote:
I remember last year at Atlanta when Kvapil and Gilliland were lapped in the first 1/10th of the race. I would guess we will see more of the same tomorrow night with Menard and Darnell.

Half right, eh?
Back to top Go down
eehwkram

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: It looks like it might be safe to skip watching the Atlanta race tomorrow night   It looks like it might be safe to skip watching the Atlanta race tomorrow night EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:20 am

Merri wrote:
eehwkram wrote:

Half right, eh?

I was surprised, it was worth watching. Menard had a solid night while Darnell did okay considering it was the first time he has been in a COT. Hopefully he will continue to improve over these next 6 races this season and we'll put him in a ride next year. If we are going to be a mid-pack team, I rather do it with youth who has some upside rather than with guys in their 30s and 40s who really, what you see is what you're likely ever going to get.

Your guy Gilliland had a solid run last night. To me, if he had a choice, the Woods Brothers are a better situation than the start and park crew (71). Look at what they have done in the races they have attempted this year with Elliot - they usually bring a strong car. The entire Ford Camp is down this year, but if he needed a solid ride going forward, he could do a lot worse than Woods (actually in the 71 car he is doing worse).
Back to top Go down
Merri

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: It looks like it might be safe to skip watching the Atlanta race tomorrow night   It looks like it might be safe to skip watching the Atlanta race tomorrow night EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:28 am

eehwkram wrote:
Merri wrote:
eehwkram wrote:

Half right, eh?

I was surprised, it was worth watching. Menard had a solid night while Darnell did okay considering it was the first time he has been in a COT. Hopefully he will continue to improve over these next 6 races this season and we'll put him in a ride next year. If we are going to be a mid-pack team, I rather do it with youth who has some upside rather than with guys in their 30s and 40s who really, what you see is what you're likely ever going to get.

Your guy Gilliland had a solid run last night. To me, if he had a choice, the Woods Brothers are a better situation than the start and park crew (71). Look at what they have done in the races they have attempted this year with Elliot - they usually bring a strong car. The entire Ford Camp is down this year, but if he needed a solid ride going forward, he could do a lot worse than Woods (actually in the 71 car he is doing worse).

When we had David visit us in our chat room for an evening, he talked about how he hated S&P. But, seeing as what has happened this last week, I think that it may actually have been good. There were a couple of decent drivers who could have taken this ride, but have been home for a bit....like Travis and Scott Riggs. The S&P, and the professionalism that David has displayed with the S&P have helped to keep him in the garage, and in the minds of others. Like Robby. And likely the Gibbs organization.

A double edged sword, indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It looks like it might be safe to skip watching the Atlanta race tomorrow night   It looks like it might be safe to skip watching the Atlanta race tomorrow night Empty

Back to top Go down

It looks like it might be safe to skip watching the Atlanta race tomorrow night
Page 1 of 1