Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods!

Go down 
+3
RacingDude
DeeDee
TeamBlueOval
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods! Empty
PostSubject: Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods!   Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:49 pm

19th place finish for the 21 tonight. That's great!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods!   Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:51 pm

Good job!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods!   Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods! EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:55 pm

David did a great job tonight! Cool
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods!   Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 12:02 am

For a while there I thought he would have a top 10. That 21 car was running great. I do believe that the Wood Bros have found something.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods!   Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 12:09 am

Maybe they can find sponsorship and put Gilliland in the car full time next year.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods!   Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 12:14 am

I think David deserves a full time ride. Smile
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods!   Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 12:21 am

I was hoping TK would eventually get the 21 car when Bill retired but maybe not, of course Kelly Bires was my first choice.
Back to top Go down
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods!   Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 1:09 am

good finish to david & the 21 team!
Back to top Go down
Merri

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods!   Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 1:11 am

Yes, we are very proud of how David and the whole 21 team did tonight. Something went wrong or broke, Hyder said he had figured out what it was, but it was not fixable on pit road. He made a great call at the end for a wave around, and David was actually able to gain about 4 or 5 spots in those last laps.

David drove his heart out, in a seat that was not made for him. (He said that by the end,his back was sore.) His CC and Spotter were amazingly supportive, with great dialogue about changes and set up. And great compliments all around on the job everyone was doing.

David really appreciated the opportunity. And from what I heard from Eddie, he was pleased with David also.

It was great to see David in a car that could compete, at least for a bit. He said it was one of the best cars he had ever had.

And as much as I am not a manufacturer fan, it was great to have David back in a Ford!
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods!   Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods! EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:06 am

The 21 has been competitive this year. It's good to see.

I hope David can land back on his feet somewhere; he deserves a Cup ride.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods!   Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods! EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 12:19 am

Quote :
Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods! 353960508
Gilliland and Hyder Work to a 19th Place Finish at Atlanta

Given the unique weekend schedule, Crew Chief David Hyder and driver David Gilliland had only one day to figure out how they could make the #21 Motorcraft Ford Fusion as competitive as possible. After a couple of practices and a 17th place qualifying effort on Saturday, the duo appeared to be off to a good start.

On Sunday, Gilliland took the green flag for the first Atlanta night race and the #21 quickly raced into the top 10. As the race wore on, the car became loose - a condition the team fought the entire night. Crew Chief Hyder worked hard to correct the loose condition and eventually found answers - at times giving Gilliland a car that was the fastest on the track. Gilliland navigated the #21 through a long race with 8 cautions. The team’s persistence paid off, resulting in a 19th place finish.

Co-owner Eddie Wood stated, “Hyder and David (Gilliland) did a heck of a job tonight. I can’t thank them both enough. They were put in a tough spot. Getting these cars to perform well with a crew chief and driver who have worked together is hard enough. To do it with guys that have never worked together is near impossible. But they kept at it and put together a heck of a performance.”

The team’s next race is October 4, 2009 at Kansas where Bill Elliott is expected to be back behind the wheel.
Back to top Go down
FordGT

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods!   Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods! EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 4:26 pm

I did hate missing the chance to see Bill at AMS, but I'm glad David not only got the call but ran good. While my buddy had the scanner on Mark's channel all night, I did pay attention to the 21 and 99. David was kicking butt before the issue that Merri mentioned happened.

Unless Bill changes his mind, I hope the Woods hire David for 2010.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods!   Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods! Empty

Back to top Go down

Congrats to Gilliland and the Woods!
Page 1 of 1