Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond Empty
PostSubject: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 12:10 am

Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond: Eight spots remain in the 2009 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup  and 11 drivers are mathematically in contention for securing one. Below are the clinch scenarios for Richmond, the final race before the Chase field is set:
#99-Carl Edwards is currently 105 points ahead of 13th place.
Regardless of any other driver's finish, he will clinch if he finishes:
24th or better
25th and leads at least one lap or
27th and leads most laps.
#9-Kasey Kahne is currently 96 points ahead of 13th place.
21st or better
23rd and leads at least one lap or
24th and leads most laps.
#2-Kurt Busch is currently 95 points ahead of 13th place.
20th or better
22nd and leads at least one lap or
24th and leads most laps.
#42-Juan Pablo Montoya is currently 88 points ahead of 13th place.
18th or better
20th and leads at least one lap or
21st and leads the most laps.
#39-Ryan Newman is currently 81 points ahead of 13th place.
16th or better
17th and leads at least one lap or
19th and leads the most laps.
#5-Mark Martin is currently 69 points ahead of 13th place.
12th or better
14th and leads at least one lap or
15th and leads the most laps.
#16-Greg Biffle is currently 68 points ahead of 13th place.
11th or better
13th and leads at least one lap or
15th and leads the most laps.
#17-Matt Kenseth is currently 20 points ahead of 13th place.
Second and leads at least one lap.
#83-Brian Vickers currently sits 13th, 17 points ahead of #18-Kyle Busch. He would need to gain 21 points on Kenseth and stay ahead of Busch to clinch a Chase spot. Busch, 37 points behind 12th, needs to gain 17 points on Vickers and 37 points on Kenseth to clinch. #00-David Reutimann, 132 points behind Kenseth, has an outside shot at clinching. He would have to gain 133 points on Kenseth. A maximum of 161 points can be made up in a given race.(NASCAR Public Relations)(9-7-2009)

~
I'd like to see Vickers in and Martin out.
Ford better get there act together soon!
Still way to many Hendrick cars heading to the Chase. Sad
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:20 am

I still want to see Newman out and Vickers in... but, I hope Biffle and Kenseth have solid runs!
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 11:19 pm

Yep, Kenseth and Biffle need good solid runs.
Well, between me wanting Martin out and you wanting Newman out, lets hope one of those Hendrick cars don't make it. Wink
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:58 am

I believe the top-12 will stay just as it is. At least, I hope so. I don't want Vickers or Kyle Busch in.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 8:36 pm

RYAN WILL MAKE IT!!!!
so will Mark!

All year Ryan and Mark have been solid at the short tracks. Ryan & Mark have not finished outside the top ten at short tracks this year and I don't see that changing. (unless the first mechanical issue happens or someother unproventable thing happens)

I'm looking at the 17 to fall out- course I've been thinking that a long time and somehow Matts still in
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 1:25 am

Nah! Matt will be fine.
It would be funny if ALL the Hendrick cars had engine problems..... ~jinx Twisted Evil Wink
I really hope Vicker's gets in.
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:51 pm

ya you jinxed it- it won't happen Wink
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:49 pm

That's true. Sad I should have rooted for them .... that would jinx them for sure. Laughing

I'm so happy Shrub didn't make it..... WTG Brian!! cheers Very Happy
Poor Matt ... my fault for rooting for him. Sad

Oh well, the main thing is Shrubby didn't make the chase!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 1:30 am

I'm also glad Shrub missed the Chase, but I didn't want Vickers in it either! Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond Icon_mad

I NEVER would have thought Matt would be missing this year's Chase, and I am really disappointed he couldn't get in. That leaves only Jimmie Johnson as the guy to make every Chase since it has started. Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 9:17 pm

Hate to see Matt out, but maybe this will allow them to do some experimenting for next season.

Congrats to Vickers...
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:39 pm

since about race 5 I've been surprised Matt was still in the top 12
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:56 pm

Sad that the only Ford with the WIN's didn't make the chase. Sad
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:59 pm

that's not the worst part- now we'll have to hear the commentators drone on forever that Jimmie is the only driver to be in the chase every year of its existance
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:05 am

Yikes! Mad
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 1:28 am

Dog wrote:
that's not the worst part- now we'll have to hear the commentators drone on forever that Jimmie is the only driver to be in the chase every year of its existance

Like I'll be listening to them..... Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:41 pm

Really Denny could say that he's been in it every year also, but he hasn't been around for all chase years
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:22 pm

What Vickers and the 83 team have done in 2 years is nothing short of amazing. From starting from scratch with a brand new team, new manufacturer, and all those races missed in their first year, to making the Chase this year and winning a race. Great job.
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:31 pm

2 2/3 years Wink really the R& D before hand would probably make it three or more
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:59 pm

roosterrage wrote:
What Vickers and the 83 team have done in 2 years is nothing short of amazing. From starting from scratch with a brand new team, new manufacturer, and all those races missed in their first year, to making the Chase this year and winning a race. Great job.

I agree. That team has been improving by leaps and bounds in the short time they've been in the sport.

Even in their first year, when Brian made the race, he was usually fast. It's good to see it paying off for Brian.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:08 am

It would certainly be better if BOTH of the original Red Bull drivers were having success together, but no... their idiot head office in another continent had to spoil it. Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond Icon_rolleyes

Now with me not caring much for Vickers and not being able to stand Scott Speed, there's no reason for me to pull for Red Bull.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:16 pm

I also wish that Allmendinger was still on the team... that was a bonehead move by the head people over in Germany.

While I can't stand Scott Speed either, I do like Vickers, and I'm glad to see him doing well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond   Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond Empty

Back to top Go down

Chase Clinch Scenarios For Richmond
Page 1 of 1