Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wood Brothers plan similar 2010 schedule

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Wood Brothers plan similar 2010 schedule Empty
PostSubject: Wood Brothers plan similar 2010 schedule   Wood Brothers plan similar 2010 schedule EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 12:22 am

Quote :
Wood Brothers plan similar 2010 schedule: They still have four races this yearKansas City on Oct. 4, Charlotte on Oct. 17, Texas on Nov. 8 and Homestead on Nov. 22but the Wood brothers already are considering their 2010 plans. "We'd love to maintain our relationship with Bill Elliott and our sponsors, and run about the same number of races we've run this year," team co-owner Eddie Wood said Sunday at Atlanta Motor Speedway. "We'd consider it, but it would take a ton of sponsorship money before we tried to run the full schedule again. We're really content with the way things have gone this year." Because of sponsorship issues, the long-time Ford loyalists trimmed their schedule from 36 to 13 races this year. Elliott ran the first eight and David Gilliland was in the #21 Fusion this weekend. Elliott took himself from the car after breaking three ribs in a Wednesday afternoon dirt-bike accident.(Ford Racing)(9-7-2009)
~jayski

Good, I'd like to see them full time but we'll take a partial schedule.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers plan similar 2010 schedule   Wood Brothers plan similar 2010 schedule EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 9:21 am

I'd like to see them run a little more than just 13 races, but whatever is best for the team. Wood Brothers plan similar 2010 schedule Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers plan similar 2010 schedule   Wood Brothers plan similar 2010 schedule EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:21 am

Maybe they'll get some additional sponsorship that will bump them up to 15-18 races... we'll have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
FordGT

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers plan similar 2010 schedule   Wood Brothers plan similar 2010 schedule EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 4:29 pm

If Bill decides not to race, I hope they are able to hire David. Might get more sponsorship (who knows). I saw someone mentioned Kelly Bires, but I think he'll be JR Motorsports.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers plan similar 2010 schedule   Wood Brothers plan similar 2010 schedule EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 4:33 pm

Kelly Bires is going to end up in a more competitive situation than the Wood Bros. part time schedule, I believe. I think he still has a shot a saving his career and moving to Cup with a contending team. He's shown that he has the talent.

Like FordGT said, I think he'll be at JR Motorsports next year and then go from there.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers plan similar 2010 schedule   Wood Brothers plan similar 2010 schedule Empty

Back to top Go down

Wood Brothers plan similar 2010 schedule
Page 1 of 1