Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule Empty
PostSubject: Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule   Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 4:19 pm

Quote :
The Wood Brothers #21 Motorcraft sponsored Ford Fusion will be running in the May 16, 2009 Sprint Showdown race and trying to make the All-Star race that immediately follows The Sprint Showdown.

Co-owner Len Wood stated, “We made the decision to run the race because it gives us track time for the Coca-Cola 600 (to be run the following weekend) and gives our sponsors (Ford and Motorcraft) another marketing opportunity – not to mention it’s a fun event and five minutes from our shop.”

Bill Elliott and the Wood Brothers #21 Ford Fusion can make the All-Star race by finishing first or second in The Sprint Showdown race or by being voted in by the fans. If you would like to vote for Bill Elliott to be the fan’s choice in this year’s All-Star race go to www.nascar.com/promos/allstar/?sc_cid=allstar5 or click on the "Vote" image and vote for the #21 and Bill Elliott.
~Wood Brothers Racing~

Good luck to the Woods ... and be sure to vote! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule   Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 6:19 pm

Great News and i also read where Menard just entered the Toledo ARCA Race. I wonder if he will be running the FR9. Remember when Roush stated in one of his interviews, when asked WHEN IT WOULD BE TESTED IN A RACE. He said it could even be in a ARCA race
SEE BELOW

OLD ENGINE )----------------- DO YOU KNOW HOW NASCAR WILL OVERSEE YOUR MOVE WITH THE FIFTH CAR? “I’m not sure about that. I wouldn’t anticipate selling the sponsorship or selling the number. That certainly is not a consideration and that’s not my priority to do that and I wouldn’t try that, but I would like to see all of our existing sponsors have a happy and solid relationship with Roush Fenway. If it stays in a Ford, we’d be determined to build their cars for it and provide engineering for it, so the full faith and trust of Roush Fenway would follow one of our drivers and one of our sponsors if we could find a happy circumstance where the sponsor would be willing to go.” WHAT IS THE TIMING ON PHASING IN THE NEW ENGINE? “The timing on it is really going to be determined by how much we can afford and how competitive the engine proves to be. The old engine is doing a really good job. That is the engine of the future. The obsolescence of the existing engine, depending on the timing of it, will result in very little additional cost to the teams in terms of the obsolescence, or it could be in the millions of dollars for a team. So I’m anxious, given the economic circumstance and the competitiveness of the engine, I’m going to have the brakes on its introduction, so we don’t obsolete a current engine that has value in it, that’s got service life left in it, and we certainly don’t take a risk by trying to do something sooner than we’ve got enough testing to verify that it’s gonna be a solid move without risk.” HOW WOULD YOU DETERMINE WHO GETS IT FIRST? “All five of mine and hopefully all three of Yates’ teams will be running for a championship trying to get in the chase and we certainly wouldn’t make any decision that would involve any risk we were able to anticipate. [size=12[b]]We may wind up and place it in an ARCA program initially[/b].[/size] Certainly some of the short tracks that are not known to be hard on engines will be an option. I’m certain that we’ll go tire testing with it with some of the Goodyear tire tests coming up – that’s a good way to generate a lot of miles. We haven’t spent a lot of times on it, but we’ll certainly look at not carrying any amount of risk. I know when GM came out with their latest engine they had all of these mechanical fuel pumps that packed it in. The Hendrick guys and the Gibbs guys both had engine failures and maybe Childress did as well, as a result of the fuel pump function – the cable-driven fuel pump. Now I’m told that system is developed so that’s not the case and it’s not a problem, but I very much don’t want to come back and make a change that will carry with it a component that’s not known and carry a risk to our program.” << PREVIOUS NEXT >>
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule   Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 12:32 am

Good Luck WBR!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule   Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 1:47 am

I wish my best of luck to the #21 team as well. Good to see they've added another event on to their schedule. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule   Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 6:29 am

BTW Andrew I vote everyday I still feel the Wood Bros will come back cheers
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule   Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule EmptyWed May 06, 2009 3:49 am

I certainly hope so!
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule   Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule EmptyThu May 07, 2009 11:37 pm

I hope they can give Bill a strong #21 for the All-Star race. I have to vote for my #43 though. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule   Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule Empty

Back to top Go down

Wood Brothers Add All Star Showdown to schedule
Page 1 of 1