Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tryson to leave Penske

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Tryson to leave Penske Empty
PostSubject: Tryson to leave Penske   Tryson to leave Penske EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 4:56 pm

Quote :
#2 Crew Chief Tryson to leave Penske: Bob Dilner reported during SPEED's coverage of the Sprint Cup first practice at Richmond that Pat Tryson, current crew chief for #2-Kurt Busch, will leave Penske Racing and head over to crew chief Martin Truex Jr. for MIcheal Waltrip Racing #56 NAPA Toyota team (SPEED)
hearing that Gene Nead, current crew chief for #55-Michael Waltrip [team and points will go to the #56 in 2010], will stay with MWR and crew chief for Waltrip's part-time effort in 2010.(9-11-2009)
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Tryson to leave Penske   Tryson to leave Penske EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 8:30 pm

so Roy may end up with the 2.... ok.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Tryson to leave Penske   Tryson to leave Penske EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 9:15 pm

Saw some quotes from Kurt Busch over the weekend, and he didn't seem very happy about Pat making this decision at such a crucial time in the season.

What goes around, comes around, I guess ... since Kurt did basically the same thing to Roush in 2005.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Tryson to leave Penske   Tryson to leave Penske EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 1:27 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
What goes around, comes around, I guess ... since Kurt did basically the same thing to Roush in 2005.

And Kurt said in that same article that he can't complain too much because he did it to Roush.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Tryson to leave Penske   Tryson to leave Penske EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 12:25 am

it's official ...

Quote :
Tryson named #56 Crew Chief for 2010: Michael Waltrip Racing (MWR) announced that veteran crew chief Pat Tryson will lead Martin Truex Jr. and the #56 NAPA Auto Parts Toyota Camry beginning in the 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season.Tryson successfully earned his fifth Chase berth as crew chief on Saturday night at Richmond International Raceway and will join MWR upon the conclusion of the season. Tryson joins MWR after a successful run with #2-Kurt Busch, where Tryson guided the former NASCAR Sprint Cup champion to two Chase appearances, four victories and 35 top-10 finishes since 2007 with Penske Racing. Tryson is only one of three crew chiefs (Robbie Reiser and Chad Knaus) who qualified for The Chase during its first three years.(MWR)(9-14-2009)
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Tryson to leave Penske   Tryson to leave Penske EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:31 am

Quote :
Tryson shut out at Penske Shop: #2-Penske Racing crew chief Pat Tryson says he's only welcome at the race shop for the once-weekly debrief meeting. Because Tryson is moving to Michael Waltrip Racing at the end of this season, the team does not want him present during any preparations for 2010. "They want me to focus on this year's stuff and they've got stuff going on at the shop for next year, so they're going to work on that," Tryson said before Sunday's race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. "I'll be communicating by e-mail and phones, and I'll be in there for driver debrief on Tuesdays. Tuesday is the only day I'm welcome." It could make things difficult as Tryson and driver Kurt Busch attempt to win the championship this season. But Tryson says he's still committed to the #2 team, and can do a lot of his planning from home. But Penske vice president of operations Mike Nelson said the team is striking the right balance by involving Tryson in this year's planning and keeping him from the shop during preparations for 2010. "It really breaks down to 2009 vs. 2010. He's not there for the discussions that we have about 2010. That's a lot of what we're doing at the shop right now," Nelson said. "The 2009 stuff - that's something that he needs to be involved with and there's no change in his involvement with Kurt. That's the meeting that Kurt comes in for on Tuesdays. We're trying to leave that part of it seamless. We're trying not to affect anything for 2009, it's just that it doesn't make any sense for him or for us to sit down and discuss what we're doing in 2010." Tryson said he does not have permission to be at MWR the other days of the week so he can prepare for being Martin Truex Jr.'s crew chief next year. "I'm still working for Penske, and that's all I'm worried about," Tryson said. "I'm just worried about winning the championship. You can do a lot of it via e-mail, so it's not that big a deal. The biggest thing is the lack of communication with the guys, seeing the guys."(Associated Press)(9-20-2009)
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953

PostSubject: Re: Tryson to leave Penske   Tryson to leave Penske EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 7:52 am

I believe locking Tyson out now is much to late. Tyson didn't make this decision overnite.

First ,this new Dodge Engine is hot. This is something I predicted at the start of the season but I was told no way. Well it is hot with some minor changes Dodge engines will be something to contend with in 2010. Now the same thing happen to Gibbs and we know how well that went.

Gibbs took the best from Chevy and Tyson will take the best from Dodge to their new mfg. They will use this info for Toyoto.. There isn't anyway to prevent this and Toyota knows this. Some men will do anything for all this additional money Toyota is handind out.

To bad there isn't anyway you can keep track of whats going on among your employees but it is scary when you think someone is working behind your back and using your know how to benifit your competitors.

BTW , their already got FORDS help with NASCARS help way back when REMEMBER
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Tryson to leave Penske   Tryson to leave Penske EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:31 am

Locking Tryson out is a huge mistake IMO. I think they have a decent shot at contending for the title, but locking your CC out of the shop will NOT help matters!
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Tryson to leave Penske   Tryson to leave Penske EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 12:58 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Locking Tryson out is a huge mistake IMO. I think they have a decent shot at contending for the title, but locking your CC out of the shop will NOT help matters!
It sure won't help his new mgf. Thats for sure. JMO didn't think Kahne had a chance to win the cup.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Tryson to leave Penske   Tryson to leave Penske EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 2:18 pm

We are talking about Kurt Busch, not Kasey Kahne. Wink
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Tryson to leave Penske   Tryson to leave Penske EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 2:24 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
We are talking about Kurt Busch, not Kasey Kahne. Wink
`LOL Sorry don't know how I got the two confused. Guess I can't get Kahne and this supposed takeover off my mind. Oh and I think Kurt can take the cup with or without Tyson. Like I said "THOSE PENSKE DODGES ARE HOT and I can see why Tyson was locked out. GOOD IDEA.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Tryson to leave Penske   Tryson to leave Penske EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 11:58 pm

in a way it makes sence but in a way it doesn't

You don't want the guy to share your secrets with another team

but on the other hand

when u lock them out you basically say we're giving up on your team and we're looking forward to next year
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tryson to leave Penske   Tryson to leave Penske Empty

Back to top Go down

Tryson to leave Penske
Page 1 of 1