Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Keselowski to Penske in 2010

Go down 
+3
roosterrage
RacingDude
DeeDee
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Keselowski to Penske in 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:54 pm

Quote :
Keselowski to Penske in 2010: Brad Keselowski will drive for Penske Racing in 2010, sources told ESPN.com on Friday. Keselowski would not discuss his future plans. "I'm really not prepared to address any of the rumors about next year," he said. "I'm here to race the Nationwide car and win with it tonight and I am not going to let anything get in the way." Keselowski turned down an offer from Roger Penske last year to drive the #12 Dodge, and the ride instead went to David Stremme. Keselowski's current team, JR Motorsports, does not drive in the Sprint Cup Series and co-owner Dale Earnhardt Jr. has no plans to move that team up to NASCAR's top level. Keselowski had hoped to replace Mark Martin next year in the #5 Chevy for Hendrick Motorsports, but Martin decided to keep the seat in 2010. Rick Hendrick on Friday declined to comment on Keselowski's future, and Earnhardt canceled an afternoon media availability.(ESPN.com)(8-21-2009)

That must mean bye bye Stremme
Not surprised!
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 10:45 pm

This is a good move for Brad, and he will certainly be a humungous improvement over Stremme.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 4:27 am

I have to agree
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 12:28 pm

Great pick up for Penske! Let's be honest, Stremme is not a Cup level driver.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 12:54 pm

I guess this would mean Brad is going to jump ship when a Hendrick car becomes available...

Quote :
UPDATE 2: NASCAR team owner Rick Hendrick does not plan to let Brad Keselowski stray far from his organization. Keselowski is believed to be headed to Penske Racing next season, in part because Hendrick Motorsports has no room in the lineup to promote him to the Sprint Cup Series. But the team owner says wherever Keselowski ends up, "he'll always be close enough for me to bring him back." Keselowski is the hottest prospect right now in NASCAR, but wants to move up from the Nationwide Series to the premier Cup level. He wanted to stay with a team affiliated with Hendrick, but there is no scenario for 2010 that would work. Keselowski turned down the #12 for Penske last season. David Stremme got the ride.(Associated Press)(8-23-2009)

-Jayski

Last edited by RacingDude on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:57 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Goofed up too many times... ;-))
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:23 pm

hmmm I wonder how it will all lign up sponsor wise and contract wise- this may get interesting in the future
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:09 am

It may be only a short term contract for Keselowski at Penske ..... idk ?
Penske has Allgaier currently in N'wide with Kligerman and Armstrong as development drivers.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:48 pm

I bet Penske tries to sign Brad to a long term deal to keep him at the team. He can always expand to 4 teams when Allgaier is ready to move up...
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:32 am

That's true. But something gives me the feeling that he is just on loan from Hendrick. HMS is waiting to the old man to "finally" retire to make room for him. Personally I'd rather see Brad at Penske. Hendrick .......... yuck!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:11 am

I would rather see him at Penske too, but Hendrick/JR Motorsports has been responsible for most of his development up the ranks, and surely Mark Martin isn't going to drive forever... Wink

I just have that feeling he will be jumping ship.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 2:53 pm

Quote :
surely Mark Martin isn't going to drive forever...

I don't know about that. He might...!
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 11:53 pm

That's what I'm afraid of Shocked Rolling Eyes
Laughing
Back to top Go down
racinfan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 1:14 pm

Jeff Gordon is retiring after 2010 I thought? Brad would be the obvious filler, right?

Stremme should have been kicked out ages ago... geek
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 4:45 pm

Jeff Gordon retiring is a possibility, didn't think of that.

Who knows, Jeff may retire before Mark Martin!
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:12 am

Who would have ever thought that? Razz LOL

It could happen... he's been having back troubles all season.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:20 am

DeeDee wrote:
Penske has Allgaier currently in N'wide with Kligerman and Armstrong as development drivers.
And Kligermand leading in the ARCA series seems to me, to me a great choice for Penske, this kid is good.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:10 pm

Quote :
Keselowski says he won't return to JR Motorsports: Brad Keselowski declined to comment on reports he'll drive in the Sprint Cup Series for Penske Racing next year, but he did indicate Thursday to Sporting News he won't be back in JR Motorsports' Nationwide car next season. Asked whether he expected to return to JRM, Keselowski said, "At this time, no," during a boat tour of the Old Port in Montreal. Kelly Bires reportedly is the leading candidate to replace Keselowski in the #88 JRM Chevy. "I heard that, too," Keselowski said when asked about the possibility of Bires driving for JRM. "It's hard to tell. I know they've talked to a number of drivers, and I wish them the best on whoever gets in there, and I expect big things from them, as I'm sure the team does. "I look forward to seeing somebody get the opportunity that I got." Keselowski's departure from JRM lends credence to reports, which surfaced last week at Bristol, that he'll join Penske Racing [with the #12 team]. Team co-owner Dale Earnhardt Jr. has said if Keselowski were to drive a car make other than Chevy in the Cup Series, that would preclude him for driving for JRM's Nationwide program.(Sporting News/NASCAR.com)(8-27-2009)
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 12:51 am

Yatesracing wrote:
DeeDee wrote:
And Kligermand leading in the ARCA series seems to me, to me a great choice for Penske, this kid is good.
Parker has been doing a great job.
Penske has Dakota Armstrong running in ARCA next season. Now sure what the plans are for Parker. I hope they move him to N'wide.
Maybe a 2nd car? idk
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 12:53 am

Quote :
Kelly Bires reportedly is the leading candidate to replace Keselowski in the #88 JRM Chevy.
I hope that's true. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 6:01 pm

there is no developmental drivers for PRS that I would say is ready to move up- the closest is Allgaier, but I say it's still smart if he stayed another full season in nationwide- with a handful or so starts in cup so he can run for ROTY in 2011
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:57 am

It's official

Quote :
Brad Keselowski will drive the full season for Penske Racing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide series next season, the team announced Tuesday morning.

The 25-year-old will drive the No. 12 Sprint Cup car currently driven by David Stremme.

It will be the first full-time Cup ride for Keselowski, who has driven part time in Cup the last two years for Hendrick Motorsports and Hendrick-affiliate Phoenix Racing while also driving full time in the Nationwide Series for JR Motorsports. Keselowski, third in the Nationwide Series standings last year and currently third in the 2009 standings, has five career wins in the Nationwide Series and also won the Cup race at Talladega in April while driving for Phoenix Racing.

“We are very excited to welcome Brad to the Penske Racing family,” said team owner Roger Penske in a statement. “Brad has shown terrific success on track the past several years and has quickly established himself as one of the top young stars in racing. He comes from an impressive family background in motorsports. He is a proven winner and a welcome addition to our team.”

Keselowski has three top-10 finishes in eight Cup starts this year. He joins an organization with a storied history and 63 victories but one still looking for its first Cup championship.

“Penske Racing is one of the top teams in all of motorsports and I am honored to join Roger Penske’s organization and compete for wins with his Cup and Nationwide series teams,” Keselowski said. “This is a great opportunity for me to continue competing in the Nationwide Series and to run my first full season in the Cup series with a strong and experienced team.”

He will take over a No. 12 car that has some history at Penske, including an eight-win season in 2003 with Ryan Newman. But Newman won only four times from 2004 to 2008 and missed the Chase For The Sprint Cup for three consecutive years before leaving for Stewart-Haas Racing after last season. Stremme has struggled and sits 31st in points with no top-10 finishes this year.

The news release did not mention if Stremme would have a role with the team next season.
~Scene Daily

No info on Allgaier in the release? My guess is that Allgaier will continue in the Verizon 12 NW car and Brad will drive another one, but that's just a guess....?
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:08 pm

Brad will drive another one? what do you mean by that? another Busch car of Penskes? I wouldn't think so

I would guess the 12 will be shared by 3 or 4 drivers, depending on if Stremme can find another ride.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:01 am

Penske isn't going to let Allgaier get away. He will keep him full time IMO.

Also, the article says that Brad K will drive full time, so I think he'll end up in a 2nd Penske NW car.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:20 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
It's official

Quote :
Brad Keselowski will drive the full season for Penske Racing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide series next season, the team announced Tuesday morning.

The 25-year-old will drive the No. 12 Sprint Cup car currently driven by David Stremme.

It will be the first full-time Cup ride for Keselowski, who has driven part time in Cup the last two years for Hendrick Motorsports and Hendrick-affiliate Phoenix Racing while also driving full time in the Nationwide Series for JR Motorsports. Keselowski, third in the Nationwide Series standings last year and currently third in the 2009 standings, has five career wins in the Nationwide Series and also won the Cup race at Talladega in April while driving for Phoenix Racing.

“We are very excited to welcome Brad to the Penske Racing family,” said team owner Roger Penske in a statement. “Brad has shown terrific success on track the past several years and has quickly established himself as one of the top young stars in racing. He comes from an impressive family background in motorsports. He is a proven winner and a welcome addition to our team.”

Keselowski has three top-10 finishes in eight Cup starts this year. He joins an organization with a storied history and 63 victories but one still looking for its first Cup championship.

“Penske Racing is one of the top teams in all of motorsports and I am honored to join Roger Penske’s organization and compete for wins with his Cup and Nationwide series teams,” Keselowski said. “This is a great opportunity for me to continue competing in the Nationwide Series and to run my first full season in the Cup series with a strong and experienced team.”

He will take over a No. 12 car that has some history at Penske, including an eight-win season in 2003 with Ryan Newman. But Newman won only four times from 2004 to 2008 and missed the Chase For The Sprint Cup for three consecutive years before leaving for Stewart-Haas Racing after last season. Stremme has struggled and sits 31st in points with no top-10 finishes this year.

The news release did not mention if Stremme would have a role with the team next season.
~Scene Daily

No info on Allgaier in the release? My guess is that Allgaier will continue in the Verizon 12 NW car and Brad will drive another one, but that's just a guess....?

I hope you are right.
I don't see Penske letting him go. That kid has talent.
I also don't see them keeping Stremme. He should go back to N'wide. ~JMO
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 11:11 am

Quote :
[Tim] Cindric [team president] said the plan is to run both Keselowski and Justin Allgaier full time in the Nationwide Series.

Click here for the entire article.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keselowski to Penske in 2010   Keselowski to Penske in 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Keselowski to Penske in 2010
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next