Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010?

Go down 
+2
Dog
TeamBlueOval
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010? Empty
PostSubject: Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010?   Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010? EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:42 pm

Quote :
RICHMOND, Va. – Roush Fenway Racing co-owner Jack Roush said Friday night that he could field as many as four full-time NASCAR Nationwide Series teams in 2010, with the possibility for two or three more part-time efforts.

Roush reiterated his commitment to field full-time teams for Colin Braun or Ricky Stenhouse Jr. – sponsorship or not – and Sprint Cup Series driver Carl Edwards will also run the full Nationwide schedule.

Also, Roush said he expects to run Paul Menard with Menards sponsorship for all Nationwide events next year.

Plus, he hopes to have cars for Cup drivers David Ragan, Matt Kenseth and Greg Biffle.

So when asked how many Nationwide teams he’d field next year, Roush joked that he shouldn’t say.

“You know, I’m a little hesitant to say,” Roush said. “I’ve just been pulled back from five to four for my Sprint Cup team.”

NASCAR has limited team owners to owning four Cup cars, but there is no such cap in the Nationwide Series.

“We expect to have something for – not full programs, obviously – David Ragan and for Matt Kenseth and for Greg Biffle, probably a combination on those,” Roush said.

Plus, there’s another team negotiating with Roush Fenway to provide cars for them.

“We’ve had contact from another team that we’ve provided cars before for a partial program that may want to come back for a full program,” Roush said. “We could have five-plus teams.”
~Scene Daily~

So, full time rides for Edwards, Menard, Stenhouse, and Braun. Part-time cars for Kenseth, Ragan, and Biffle. Then possibly another car for another team.

Wow. Roush Fenway may have 1/4 of the field in some NW races next year!!
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010?   Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010? EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:46 pm

for dumb- Menard and Carl shouldn't be there (not to mention the part-timers of Matt, Greg, and David) and Erik should
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010?   Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:08 am

I'll 2nd Dog's comment.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010?   Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:41 am

Paul Menard needs all the seat time he can get.

I like the idea of having 5+ Roush cars in the NW races. Will give them a better chance of beating those darn Gibbs cars!
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953

PostSubject: Re: Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010?   Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 4:28 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Paul Menard needs all the seat time he can get.

I like the idea of having 5+ Roush cars in the NW races. Will give them a better chance of beating those darn Gibbs cars!
Good chance when they will be in a MUSTANG
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010?   Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 5:35 am

The Mustang's design looks sharp for sure! I'm hoping it runs every bit as good as it looks!! Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010?   Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:29 pm

Yatesracing wrote:
Good chance when they will be in a MUSTANG

I forgot about the Mustangs! Can't wait for that. It will be running only a few times next year, but it will still be great! Very Happy

Daytona in July will be a fun race to watch - first race for the Mustangs!
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010?   Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:15 pm

This makes perfect sense for this to happen. With the limit of teams in Cup, it makes perfect sense for Roush to use those resources toward more Nationwide teams. I'm guessing NASCAR didn't think of this happening when they made the rule?
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010?   Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:15 am

Quote :
I'm guessing NASCAR didn't think of this happening when they made the rule?

I hope that is the case... Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010? Icon_twisted Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010? Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010?   Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:18 pm

roosterrage wrote:
I'm guessing NASCAR didn't think of this happening when they made the rule?

Actually, I bet this is thrilling NASCAR to death. The NW series needs as many competitive cars as they can get right now. In a normal race this year, there's only about 25-28 cars that are actually even planning to run the whole race.

Then, when you narrow that down to cars that can win on any given week, you're down to only 5-10 cars (and that's looking on the bright side. Some weeks, the only cars with a chance to win are the 18 and 20.)
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010?   Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:47 pm

That's true, but it will just be more different drivers winning with the same owner. Wasn't that the big reason NASCAR wanted to limit Cup teams- because there so many under the same owner winning a lot (Roush)? If so, it's just going to be the same with the guys in NW. I don't like the cutdown rule for Cup. I say let them run up to 5. If that was the case, you would have more drivers, teams, and others employed who are now on the outside looking in (Sorenson, Labonte, the #26 team, Brad could've gone to Hendrick, the 12 would've been open for another driver, etc.) The quality of the racing would be better with better drivers. I understand in Cup there is like maybe 3-5 every weekend that start & park, and in NW is like 6 times that many, but I don't know I still don't like it. I think it's good Roush is going to run that many and give more people a chance.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010?   Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010? EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 4:15 pm

As for the Cup deal, I agree! I think it is completely absurd that they are limiting the number of cars per owner. They're struggling to make full fields (and using start and parkers), but now they're making Roush close a team? Doesn't make any sense.

If you got the money, run as many as you want.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010?   Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:27 am

at the time it made some sence- now with the economy as it is not really

but yet I saw an article last year that nascar had that helped their side for this tough economic time, and it made some sence also

but it wasn't taken into account like Roush's situation- it was more taken into account the RPM/GEM/Yates deal and the EGR deal, etc

in that respect there was a method to the madness
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010?   Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010? Empty

Back to top Go down

Up to 7 part time Roush Fenway NW teams in 2010?
Page 1 of 1