Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question

Go down 
+2
RacingDude
DeeDee
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question Empty
PostSubject: Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question   Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 11:54 pm

Quote :
Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question: Car owner Jack Roush [#'s 6,16,17,26,99 Ford's] says he understands that the two cars in question [Hendrick Motorsports #5 and #48 Chevy's] were in fact slightly "out of tolerance," in being off-set a bit to the right (which would help in aerodynamics in corner handling), although Roush said the specific 'miss' was probably too slight to be of any significant advantage. "I've been fined a lot of times for a lot of different things&and if the cars were out of tolerance by a quarter of an inch, which is what I've heard&well, the rest of the garage is held to a much tighter tolerance than that," Roush said. "So we'll see what NASCAR ultimately does about it."(mikemulhern.net)(10-5-2009)
Good for Jack. I hope he keeps a close eye on them Wink
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question   Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 3:44 am

This is interesting... Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question Icon_study
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question   Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 1:14 pm

So, the garage rumors say that they were out of tolerance. NASCAR says they were within tolerance.

Who to believe?

I think I believe the garage rumors...
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question   Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 12:03 am

I believe the garage rumor also.
Back to top Go down
racinfan

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question   Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 2:00 am

I guess when you are the best in the business, conspiracies against you are favored. Don't get me wrong, I know this a ford forum
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question   Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:02 pm

If they're just the "best," why do they feel it necessary to cheat so often?

Suspect
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question   Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:09 pm

unfortunately that is a very large part of nascar's history- only thing then it was the wide gray area, now it is pretty much cut and dry legal or illegal
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question   Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:30 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:

Suspect

Unfortunately I think it's Hendricks nature. If I remember correctly and this goes back many years ago, didn't he get in trouble "cheating" the IRS? or something like that? So cheating in racing is just child's play. Twisted Evil I've never trusted the man.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question   Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 11:57 am

He did get in trouble with the IRS... I think he spent some time in jail and then on house arrest afterwards.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question   Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 2:12 am

Thanks for confirming that Andrew.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953

PostSubject: Re: Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question   Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 2:28 am

racinfan wrote:
I guess when you are the best in the business, conspiracies against you are favored. Don't get me wrong, I know this a ford forum
You got,that right but let them enjoy it this year because that will be the the last year for a very long time. BET ON IT, ITS MONEY IN THE BANK
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953

PostSubject: Re: Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question   Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 2:35 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:

Suspect
and those only were the times they got caught. I have always felt Chad found a way to inject TRACTION CONTROL in his setups and was clever Twisted Evil enough not to get caught Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question   Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 2:40 am

Yeah many have wondered about that.
not just Chad .... seems I remember a Gordo win and he clearly couldn't do a burnout ..... Oh my Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question   Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 4:17 am

^ I remember that. Wasn't that at Indianapolis one year when he won?
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question   Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 1:18 pm

Don't quote me, but I think it was Martinsville.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question   Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question Empty

Back to top Go down

Roush keeping an eye on the Henrick cars in question
Page 1 of 1