Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael Waltrip wants to run full NW series in 2010

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Michael Waltrip wants to run full NW series in 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Michael Waltrip wants to run full NW series in 2010   Michael Waltrip wants to run full NW series in 2010 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 4:20 pm

Quote :
FONTANA, Calif. -- Michael Waltrip told ESPN.com Saturday that his 2010 Sprint Cup schedule remains uncertain, and is contingent on sponsorship.

His hope? To run the full Nationwide Series schedule.

"Ideally, for me, would be to get the type of sponsor that I could run the full Nationwide [schedule]," he said. "That's what I'd love to do. Then I'm here at the races, here on Sundays, can be a team owner but still get to race.

Waltrip announced in July that Martin Truex Jr. would replace him in the Michael Waltrip Racing driving lineup in 2010, and that he planned to run a limited Cup schedule that included the season-opening Daytona 500.

"I still want to race really bad, and I never got the chance to run the full Nationwide before in my career," he said Saturday. "But it costs a lot of money. I need a sponsor. I gave mine to Martin so now I need to find another one."

Waltrip also told ESPN.com Saturday that he still believes MWR has a chance to sign IndyCar star Danica Patrick to a driving contract, despite the general industry consensus being that she's headed to JR Motorsports.
~ESPN

I think this would be good for Mikey... he could be more competitive and allow his Cup team to be more competitive as well.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Michael Waltrip wants to run full NW series in 2010   Michael Waltrip wants to run full NW series in 2010 EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 5:31 pm

Cool deal. I would rather see Mikey being competitive in Nationwide than to struggle in Cup.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Michael Waltrip wants to run full NW series in 2010   Michael Waltrip wants to run full NW series in 2010 EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 1:05 am

I agree
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Michael Waltrip wants to run full NW series in 2010   Michael Waltrip wants to run full NW series in 2010 EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 12:21 pm

This seems to be a pretty logical fit for all the reasons you guys have said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Waltrip wants to run full NW series in 2010   Michael Waltrip wants to run full NW series in 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Waltrip wants to run full NW series in 2010
Page 1 of 1