Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Darnell could be without a ride in 2010

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Darnell could be without a ride in 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Darnell could be without a ride in 2010   Darnell could be without a ride in 2010 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 2:31 am

Quote :
Darnell could be without a ride in 2010; Roush leaves Trucks: Erik Darnell, Roush Fenway Racing's last "Driver X," appears to be without a ride in the organization for 2010. Darnell won the team's "Gong Show" competition in 2004, earning a seat in what was is now known as the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. But after running three full seasons in Trucks, Darnell was moved to part-time duty in the Nationwide Series for 2009. Darnell, who also has run a handful of Sprint Cup races for Roush Fenway affiliate #96 Hall of Fame Racing this season, may not have a seat with the team next year. "We're open with Erik," Roush Fenway co-owner Jack Roush said Tuesday. "We're open to do something with Erik, and I'd very much like to. But right now, I don't have a sponsor to stand in line that has singled out Erik. I'm just not certain." Darnell has two victories in the Truck series with the team after winning the competition known as "Driver X: Race for the Ride" that was broadcast on the Discovery Channel. He has two top-five and five top-10 finishes in 13 Nationwide starts this year. "It'll be a great sadness if we're not able to continue to build his career," Roush said, "but I'm not sure it's going to be possible."(SceneDaily)
AND In moving Colin Braun into the Nationwide Series with sponsor Con-way, Roush Fenway won't have a presence in the Camping World Truck Series next season. Roush said the circuit was worthwhile but not cost effective because of manufacturer involvement.(USA Today)(10-14-2009)
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Darnell could be without a ride in 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darnell could be without a ride in 2010   Darnell could be without a ride in 2010 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 1:19 pm

That's a bummer... Erik really deserves a ride...
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com

Darnell could be without a ride in 2010
Page 1 of 1