Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray

Go down 
+2
roosterrage
TeamBlueOval
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray Empty
PostSubject: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 10:29 am

Quote :
2010 #1 driver to be named soon: Earnhardt Ganassi Racing is close to naming a driver for the #1 car next season and it apparently won't be Jamie McMurray, as has been widely speculated. A source close to the situation said McMurray, whose contract at Roush Fenway Racing is up after this season, no longer is in the picture and that two people are in the mix. Rumored drivers include: Bobby Labonte, Reed Sorenson, David Stremme, David Gilliland and Casey Mears.(see full post at ESPN Insiders)(10-16-2009)
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 1:28 pm

Two people in the mix- Bobby & Reed? Reed going to the #1 would be good- look how well Montoya has done since the merger.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 2:16 pm

I'm surprised to see Mears, Sorenson, and Stremme on this list since they are all drivers that were previously fired/left Chip Ganassi Racing.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 2:43 pm

I guess Chip and Teresa are equal on the decision making now. I'd like to see Reed have the chance this time- Nothing against Jamie or Casey, but they've both been with top teams and haven't been consistent.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 2:51 pm

Jamie was much more consistent with Ganassi than he has been with Roush. Doesn't make sense to me.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 4:59 pm

Yep, I haven't understood that either.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 6:10 pm

I think it had a lot to do with being the #1 driver, and possibly having better team chemistry.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 12:39 pm

The chemistry aspect doesn't even make as much sense anymore, now that his old CC, Donnie Wingo, is over at Roush with him.

I hope Jamie replaces Sadler at RPM, maybe things will get better for him there.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:39 pm

I think Bobby Labonte would be the best bet. Especially for sponsor-wise. Otherwise Gilliand would be the second pick Surprised (coming from me that's big)
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 10:21 pm

I think I'd take Sorenson over Gilliland...
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 11:51 pm

I would, too. Reed seems to be more marketable and has had a slightly better career than Gilliland.
Back to top Go down
98nascartruck

98nascartruck

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 9:28 am

Looks like McMurray may sign to drive the #1 in 2010:

McMurray close to signing new deal?: hearing that Jamie McMurray is close to signing a deal to drive the #1 Earnhardt Ganassi Racing Chevy in 2010, announcement could come the week following Martinsville.(10-21-2009)
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 10:35 am

Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes....

Guess we'll find out for sure soon enough...
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 1:34 am

Quote :
UPDATE: It's not etched in stone, but the speculation surrounding Jamie McMurray-to-Earnhardt Ganassi Racing isn't exactly written in chalk, either. Neither McMurray nor anyone at EGR has confirmed the move, but garage-insiders say there's a strong likelihood the driver of the Roush Fenway Racing #26 Fusion will replace Martin Truex Jr. in the #1 Chevy next year. The wild-card in the scenario is the sponsor. Bass Pro Shops would like to have an "outdoorsman" type of driver, one who'll appeal to their customer base. To some degree, Truex Jr. fulfilled that role; less so McMurray, who's not exactly the world's most passionate hunter, fisherman or camper.(Ford Racing)(10-25-2009)
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:02 pm

Quote :
New driver of #1 announced this week? An announcement on the driver that will replace #1-Martin Truex Jr. could come this week, sources close to the situation said. Jamie McMurray, who is losing his ride at Roush Fenway Racing because the organization has to reach the four-car cap, is one candidate. Bobby Labonte, the 2000 Cup champion, is the other. EGR co-owner Chip Ganassi wants McMurray. Bass Pro Shops, which will sponsor the #1 for 20 races next season, isn't sure he fits the image.(read more at ESPN Insider)(11-2-2009)

Jamie's stock has to have gone up now. I think both would be a good fit. I guess Reed's choices next year will be in NW between the #1 Finch car or a Braun car. I dunno what I'm gonna do about Cup now...
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 6:23 pm

I am fairly certain that Reed will end up in a Braun Nationwide car full time and part time in their Cup program (5 races or whatever they end up doing). That's a solid team, and they have the potential to move up to Cup one day. I think it will work out for Reed... he's a good driver; I like him.

As for Cup, I suggest Carl Edwards and/or AJ Allmendinger. WinkVery Happy There are others that would suffice, but those are the best two IMO... Very Happy

And, for McMurray, if he doesn't get this 1 ride, I don't know where he'll go? Labonte has the 71 as a back up plan, but McMurray doesn't have many (any?) other options.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:37 pm

Yep, it seems all but written that Reed will be with Braun full-time next year. Really disappointing that he won't be in Cup, but maybe there will be something later on. It just sucks that there will be guys in Cup with solid rides that haven't performed and Reed won't get a chance. As far as Cup, I don't know maybe my Sundays will be more freed up. I'm not giving up on Reed, but I guess there will be a few I'll watch in Cup.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:39 pm

I saw or heard somewhere over the weekend that Reed will drive the 32 in all but 7 races for Braun Racing. (Brian Vickers is in the car for the other 7.) Reed would drive the 10 in those races so that he could get the full schedule.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:42 pm

Hopefully, they'll give him some stuff to content for the title. For Cup, I've been watching Ragan some. Plus, he's from GA and used to race against Reed when they were younger. From everything I've read, Ragan is very nice in person too which is really important to me. Reed's still my #1 driver though.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:02 am

TeamBlueOval wrote:

And, for McMurray, if he doesn't get this 1 ride, I don't know where he'll go? Labonte has the 71 as a back up plan, but McMurray doesn't have many (any?) other options.

96? who's in it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 1:20 pm

HoF Racing has no firm plans for next year. I wouldn't be surprised if the 96 just goes away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray   Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray Empty

Back to top Go down

Rumored drivers for #1 no longer include McMurray
Page 1 of 1