Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scott Speed...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Scott Speed... Empty
PostSubject: Scott Speed...   Scott Speed... EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 10:14 pm

Well, I read these comments from him, and I can certainly say that I will NEVER be a fan:

Quote :
Scott Speed is not one of those drivers that people talk about when they complain that NASCAR drivers are too politically correct and don't say what they really think. Speed has no such restraint.

On Wednesday he was asked about a theme that has come up many times this week during the NASCAR Sprint Media Tour -- the need for drivers to do more for fans to encourage greater attendance at tracks.

Speed is not on board that train.

"American fans are obnoxious," he said. "It's ridiculous to get a picture or an autograph. Everywhere else in the world there's just more respect. We'd get off the airplane in Tokyo and there'd be people everywhere. The whole airport would be shut down but not one would ask you for a picture.

"They (American fans) are just not shy at all. They have no problem saying, 'Hey can I have a picture?' Like you're at a bowling alley or something, a bar, whatever, and they say, 'I want a picture.' All right, so you say you want a picture and then everybody else wants a picture and then the next thing you know, it's a whole autograph session."

Granted, drivers shouldn't be hounded 24/7 for autographs, but contrast Speed's perspective with Richard Petty's. Petty will sign autographs until his hand falls off.

He said this week that when he signs an autograph he considers it a thank-you note to a fan for supporting NASCAR.

Quote :
-Basically called himself one of the most elite drivers in the world.
-Mocked Marco Andretti
-Stated that a crappy driver is just as good as Kyle Busch in equal equipment.
-"I don't have any heroes in racing. Honestly, racing's just not that complicated."
-"To win in the IRL would have been meaningless to me"
-"But I could have zero success over here and it wouldn't matter. After Formula 1, I have nothing left to prove."
-"I had said for so long that I would never race in NASCAR. It looked stupid, and I thought it was a bunch of rednecks."

Both of those quotes came from another forum, so I am not sure of the original source. But, I find it appaling that a driver would say something like this. He doesn't deserve to drive in NASCAR with that kind of attitude. To think he took AJ Allmendinger's ride. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Scott Speed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Speed...   Scott Speed... EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 3:58 am

One thing's for sure: he is NOT the hotshot everyone makes him out to be.

From what I have seen of his Cup performances in the #84, AJ Allmendinger is Jeff Gordon compared to him. Wink
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Scott Speed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Speed...   Scott Speed... EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 4:27 am

I'm not sure where the quotes came from?
He does sound like he thinks he's a "gift".

I followed him in ARCA and he impressed me.
He never came off with the attitide of thinking he was bigger then life. ~IMO

I'm willing to give him a 2nd chance.
Once he hits the NASCAR circut full time and reality sets in, talk is meaningless .... Wink
He knows he has to show results. Rolling Eyes

You are right Andrew... he did take AJ's ride. Mad
Red Bull made a hugh mistake. Mad
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Scott Speed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Speed...   Scott Speed... EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 3:35 pm

I'm hoping Red Bull will come to regret letting Allmendinger go this season (if they already haven't). Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Scott Speed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Speed...   Scott Speed... EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 3:50 pm

He won't ever have to worry about me wanting an autograph or picture from him. Yeah, don't thank the fans who are the reason you have all that you do.

If he doesn't like the fans so much, he can go somewhere else and race. I guarantee most NASCAR fans aren't going to care anyways.

One reason I am such a big fan of Rudd and Sorenson who have no problem spending time with a fan. I'm glad Reed is aligned with another person who cares about the fans too in Richard Petty.

Picking up Speed over Allmendinger is such a bad idea- not only is AJA a whole lot more fan friendly, he can drive better too!
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Scott Speed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Speed...   Scott Speed... EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 11:12 pm

boy he sounds big headed

but idk why the more i hear about him the more oposite i think he is what what I'd normally cheer for but I still may cheer for that fruitcake.... atleast more than Joey Logano lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
Sponsored content

Scott Speed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Speed...   Scott Speed... Empty

Back to top Go down

Scott Speed...
Page 1 of 1