Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scott Riggs tabbed to drive for Tommy Baldwin Racing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Scott Riggs tabbed to drive for Tommy Baldwin Racing Empty
PostSubject: Scott Riggs tabbed to drive for Tommy Baldwin Racing   Scott Riggs tabbed to drive for Tommy Baldwin Racing EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 11:47 am

Quote :
MOORESVILLE, N.C. -- Tommy Baldwin Racing announced Monday that Scott Riggs will drive the No. 36 Toyota for the 2009 NASCAR season. Riggs, formerly with Haas CNC Racing will start his sixth season in Cup Series competition.

Riggs climbed his way up the ranks in NASCAR competition after starting in the Truck Series in 2000. In 2002, Riggs was given the Nationwide Series rookie of the year honors after winning two events and earning eight top-five finishes, 16 top-10s and five poles in 24 starts. Since making his Cup debut in 2004, Riggs has earned four top-five finishes, 16 top-10s and three poles in 167 starts.

The '09 season finds the 38-year-old native of Bahama, N.C., eager to embark on a new chapter of his racing career, driving for the newly formed TBR. Tommy Baldwin, who will hold the title of both owner and crew chief, announced the formation of his new race team earlier this month (read more).

"I look forward to working with Tommy," Riggs said. "I think we can work together to build something really strong. I feel fortunate to work with someone like Tommy who has so much experience."

Riggs, with multiple years of experience at the Cup level and time behind the wheel in NASCAR's new car, brings credibility and marketability to the new team. TBR plans on competing in the Daytona 500 in February with plans to run a full schedule in the Cup Series.

"Having Scott Riggs on board is a huge stepping stone for Tommy Baldwin Racing," Baldwin said. "He's a top-caliber driver and I look forward to seeing the success we can have together."

As of Monday, no sponsor has been named for the No. 36 Toyota.
~NASCAR.com~
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Scott Riggs tabbed to drive for Tommy Baldwin Racing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Riggs tabbed to drive for Tommy Baldwin Racing   Scott Riggs tabbed to drive for Tommy Baldwin Racing EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 10:31 pm

ummm congrats...... ya that's definately going to be the end of his career
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog

Scott Riggs tabbed to drive for Tommy Baldwin Racing
Page 1 of 1