Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... Empty
PostSubject: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:41 pm

Quote :
Kahne considering leaving RPM after 2010: from a Dodge Motorsports Notes & Quotes - Kasey Kahne Open Interview done at Homestead:
Q) HOW MUCH WILL YOU TRY AND STAY IN THE LOOP WITH RPM MANAGEMENT ON WHAT'S GOING ON?
Kahne: "I use to try and stay in the loop and then things don't happen that they say will. At this point, I have one year left (on my RPM contract). I want to do the best job for Richard Petty Motorsports in my final year. It's up to them what happens. They do their thing and I'll do mine. All I can do is make myself better at driving race cars and communicating with Kenny Francis. If I do that, I'll be happy next season."
Q) SO YOU'LL TRY AND LOOK ELSEWHERE NEXT YEAR?
Kahne: "Yeah."
Q) REGARDLESS OF WHAT HAPPENS NEXT YEAR, WILL NEXT YEAR BE YOUR LAST YEAR WITH RPM?
Kahne: "That's hard to say. Come January, I can start looking around; I can talk to other people. I would imagine the Gillett's are going to talk to me at that point. But as of right now, the Gillett's haven't talked to me and I'm just kind of doing my job, doing the best that I can through the end of the season. The ups and downs of the team has made it difficult for me to really say, 'Man, I'm going to be here for 10 more years.' I really don't know what's going to happen. Truthfully, I don't know what's going to happen right now."(Dodge Motorsports Transcript)(11-20-2009)
~Jayski

Great. Rolling Eyes Already wants out and they haven't even started with Ford yet. I hope something happens next year that makes him decide to stay with RPM!
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 10:37 pm

The thing that is bothering Kahne RPM is not keeping him in the loop. He doesn't know what their plans are for him and I think he feels insecure with YATES coming on board. He should stop acting like a baby. PERSONALLY, THINK THE FORD PEOPLE DO NOT HOLD GRUDGES.

When he was asked in another interview if he has gone over to the Concord YATES Shop and his answer was "I DON'T THINK THEY WANT ME OVER THERE" (ridiculous)
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 12:46 am

If I were running RPM, I'd be getting worried right about now. Kasey is by far their best driver.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 8:27 am

RacingDude wrote:
If I were running RPM, I'd be getting worried right about now. Kasey is by far their best driver.
I guess it's all how you interpret this lastest interview. When you put the two interviews together I get the feeling Kahne feels like his ride is up for grabs. Quote by Kahn<<<<<<<I would imagine the Gillett's are going to talk to me at that point. But as of right now, the Gillett's haven't talked to me and I'm just kind of doing my job, doing the best that I can through the end of the season. The ups and downs of the team has made it difficult for me to really say>>>> They haven't even spoken to Kahne about a new contract and thinking that FORD doesn't want him, I'm sure he is thinking about his ride.
I hope he stays but I sure would like to see Colins take that ride if Kahne decides to leave. Roush knows he has a good thing there and I bet will not give him up. Found that interviewe I was talking about. Here it is****************************************************************************************

HAVE YOU BEEN TO THE YATES SHOP? DO YOU HAVE A FEEL FOR WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN? WHAT DOES KASEY KAHNE’S FUTURE LOOK LIKE FOR 2010? “From the sounds of it, talking to all the guys, everybody wants to stick together. I feel like we’re going to have the same team. I’ve been to the NASCAR R & D Center. I’ve been to the Concord Airport (facility), so I’ve driven by it and that’s it. As far as next year and testing and all that planning, I don’t know. I know that we’re trying to win races and do everything possible to win, but as of right now, that deal is not done. To me, there are still a lot of unknowns. For me to go over there…I doubt that they want me over there and I don’t know if I should be over there. I don’t drive for them yet. I don’t know how all that’s going to work. I know it’s not done. I know that I’m going to have the same team and that’s all that I can ask for is sticking with Kenny Francis and our guys that we have
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 2:14 pm

You're reading into these interviews WAY too much... he means what he's saying.

First, the Gilletts have not talked to him about renewing his contract as of yet. In absolutely NO way does that mean that he thinks they might be trying to give his ride away. I'm sure that RPM is going to do any and everything to keep Kasey in their stables. I know you don't like him, but he's a very talented race car driver.

Second, I can see why he hasn't gone to the Yates shop. Why would he? He drives DOdges for RPM; why would he go to a Yates Ford shop? The merger isn't even finalized yet, so he may or may not drive for them next year. Once everything is finalized and they start building #9 Fords with his name above the door, then you'll probably see him at the Yates shop.

Just my opinion.... Kasey's a very talented driver, we don't want to lose him from the Ford camp before he ever gets here!
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 2:25 pm

Wait A minute I don't dislike him but if he wants to go LET HIM GO. WE DON'T NEED ANYONE TO STICK AROUND IF THEY AREN'T HAPPY. YOUR RIGHT HE IS A DARN GOOD TALENTED DRIVER. HE WAS TAUGHT BY THE BEST IN HIS TRAINING YEARS.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 2:52 pm

Who's going to replace him if they just let him leave? We'll be left with drivers like Sadler and Menard. They NEED Kasey in order to keep that team performing like it has been. He brings big money sponsors (like Bud) to the team, and that's something that is needed to make the whole organization run stronger. Without Kasey, all 4 cars would run worse than they do right now, unless by some miracle RPM is able to sign another big name driver, and I certainly don't see that happening.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 3:05 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Who's going to replace him if they just let him leave? We'll be left with drivers like Sadler and Menard. They NEED Kasey in order to keep that team performing like it has been. He brings big money sponsors (like Bud) to the team, and that's something that is needed to make the whole organization run stronger. Without Kasey, all 4 cars would run worse than they do right now, unless by some miracle RPM is able to sign another big name driver, and I certainly don't see that happening.

His contract runs thru 2010 and until than he is set but Kahne is thinking about 2011. Colins should have enough steam to maybe jump over to Cup. Who do you think Roush would get rid off--- Ragan ?????????????Who knows???? I'd like to see Colins in Cup racing a FORD in 2011 and of course would love to see Colins jump into Kahne seat if he decides to leave. Thats not going to happen. Roush knows what he has in Colins. One thing this guy can pick 80% of the time IS A FUTURE WINNER. BTW would love to see Kahne and FORD bury the hatchet because I think they could make a WINNING PAIR.
If there is any animosity that does really exist between FORD and Kahne I hope it is gone by DAYTONA>
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 3:13 pm

You don't know what the team is going to be one week to the next, one year to the next. Like Kahne had a few years ago, he won 6 races, 6 poles and looked to be a Championship threat but finished 8th. The next year he has no wins and finishes 19th in points. Think back to last year- the 9 wasn't doing anything till around Charlotte weekend where Kahne was smoking and then they faded off and missed the Chase. This year, they were a whole lot more consistent, but they had no chance at the title.

I don't blame Kahne at all. The whole organization is inconsistent and has no continuity- it seems like there is always something changing or going on. Not keeping by far your best driver in the loop? You're asking for him to leave. And with good rides possibly open at the end of next year, like the 29, I would be looking at other options too.
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 4:19 pm

This talk of encouraging Kasey to look elsewhere is now considered blasphemy and is no longer allowed! Razz Laughing

Ford needs all the good drivers we can get - don't want them leaving!!
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 4:47 pm

Kahne isn't going anywhere except where ihe started from.

BTW why all the talk about Menard? Has someone read something about him staying with Ford, that I might have missed somewhere along the way.

To my knowledge, nothing has been settled yet. They keep saying soon, but soon can be a very long time.

Hope we don't have to wait until Daytona Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:16 pm

Menard staying isn't official, but neither is the RPM/Yates merger for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:18 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Menard staying isn't official, but neither is the RPM/Yates merger for that matter.
I totally agree so do you think Menard stays if YATES goes ahead w/the merger or will he go. Isn't the Childress ride already taken
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:21 pm

I'd rather see RPM w /4 cars, Yates w/2 cars and Roush w/4 cars. Oh lets not forget about the Wood Bros 2 cars and all of them with sponsors. Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:29 pm

Unfortunately, that is not possible right now.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:31 pm

TeamBlueOval wrote:
Unfortunately, that is not possible right now.
I know but being born in Dec I'm known as a dreamer.

BTW Andrew, how is school going?
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:35 pm

Right now, the Wood Brothers just need to concentrate on getting their only car back on a full-time schedule.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 5:40 pm

RacingDude wrote:
Right now, the Wood Brothers just need to concentrate on getting their only car back on a full-time schedule.
When dreaming you must cover all bases. I did mention with SPONSORS. LOL Laughing Isn't that whats holding The Wood Bros to a limited schedule.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 6:05 pm

LOL

Yep, I believe the Woods only have Motorcraft as a sponsor right now. If they could pick up some more sponsors, they'll get more races.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...   Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM... Empty

Back to top Go down

Kahne already talking about wanting OUT at RPM...
Page 1 of 1