Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team? Empty
PostSubject: Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team?   Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:23 pm

Quote :
former #18-Kyle Busch crew chief Steve Addington supposedly cleaned out his office and said his goodbyes on Monday after six seasons withcJoe Gibbs Racing. Addington has been rumored to be a candidate at Penske Racing for #2-Kurt Busch and Richard Petty Motorsports for #19-Elliott Sadler.(FoxSports)(12-2-2009)
~Jayski
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team?   Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:10 am

I hope he goes to Penske.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team?   Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:46 am

Same here, Addington's talent would be going to waste with a driver like Elliott Sadler.
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team?   Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 6:51 pm

DeeDee wrote:
Hi DeeDee , why do you say that? I personally would like to see him in a FORD as a CC. Bet he could tell us a lot about setting up these darn COTS.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team?   Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 12:51 am

Yatesracing wrote:
DeeDee wrote:
Hi DeeDee , why do you say that? I personally would like to see him in a FORD as a CC. Bet he could tell us a lot about setting up these darn COTS.
Ditto what RacingDude said. He deserves to be with a driver/team that can utilize his talent. ~JMO
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481

PostSubject: Re: Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team?   Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 5:54 pm

Cross the 19 off. Addington rejected their offer.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team?   Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team? EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:43 am

Yeah, I just read that . I'm not at all surprised.

Quote :
UPDATE 4: Addington had been offered the head post for Elliott Sadler's #19 team at Richard Petty Motorsports, but sources say that he turned it down.(FoxSports)(12-4-2009)
Back to top Go down
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953

PostSubject: Re: Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team?   Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team? EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:41 am

DeeDee wrote:
Yeah, I just read that . I'm not at all surprised.

Quote :
UPDATE 4: Addington had been offered the head post for Elliott Sadler's #19 team at Richard Petty Motorsports, but sources say that he turned it down.(FoxSports)(12-4-2009)
Just read that Slugger will be Menards CC Bet Parrotts goes with Labonti
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team?   Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team? EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:46 pm

Slugger Labbe is replacing Larry Carter. Not sure where Todd Parrott is now.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team?   Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:45 am

Quote :
Looks like Addington to Penske?: hearing that former #18-Kyle Busch crew chief, Steve Addington, will become the new crew chief for #2-Kurt Busch at Penske Racing. Announcement could come early next week.(12-12-2009)
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team?   Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:03 pm

Quote :
MOORESVILLE, N.C. (December 14, 2009) - Penske Racing welcomes one of the most respected and successful crew chiefs in NASCAR to its ranks with today's announcement that Steve Addington will head up the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge team beginning in 2010.

The 45-year-old Addington, who was crew chief for 12 NASCAR Cup Series victories over the last two seasons, will team up with driver Kurt Busch and the Miller Lite squad that is coming off a strong fourth-place finish in the 2009 series championship standings.

"Steve Addington has a proven track record of success in NASCAR and we are excited to welcome him to Penske Racing," said Roger Penske. "By adding Steve to the winning Miller Lite team and working closely with Kurt, we believe we have the combination in place to compete for a championship as we head into the 2010 season."

With extensive experience leading teams in NASCAR's Nationwide Series, Addington first became a crew chief at the Cup Series level in 2005 with Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR). Addington was paired with Kurt's younger brother Kyle Busch at JGR in 2008. The tandem proved to be one of the most successful in racing as Addington and Busch compiled more than a dozen wins over the next two seasons.

"I am really looking forward to working with Penske Racing, Kurt Busch and the Miller Lite Dodge team," said Addington. "This a championship-caliber team with a great driver and with the resources and experience at Penske Racing, we have the opportunity to add to the team's success starting next season."

Addington joins the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge squad that posted two victories with 10 top-five and 21 top-10 finishes in 2009.

"We're coming off a strong season, but I know we can be even better in 2010," said Busch, the 2004 Cup Series champion. "With Steve on board, I am confident we can build on the momentum from 2009 and compete for wins and the series title in the Miller Lite Dodge."

"The addition of Steve Addington to Penske Racing certainly reinforces the No. 2 Miller Lite Dodge team as a serious championship contender again in 2010," said Ralph Gilles, President & CEO – Dodge Car Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "We're excited to welcome Steve into the Dodge Motorsports family and with our solid lineup of Penske Racing drivers, we're confident in our ability to continue to win races and compete for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship."
~Penske Racing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team?   Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team? Empty

Back to top Go down

Steve Addington could end up with 19, 2 team?
Page 1 of 1