Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Danica announcement Tuesday?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Danica announcement Tuesday? Empty
PostSubject: Danica announcement Tuesday?   Danica announcement Tuesday? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:02 am

Finally? Danica to announce Nationwide ride? Tuesday? Danica Patrick will announce on Tuesday in Phoenix her decision to drive a part-time Nationwide Series schedule for JR Motorsports in 2010. ESPN.com reported last month that Patrick was in the final stages of negotiations with JRM to compete in about a dozen races in a #7 -- her number in IndyCar -- Chevy with GoDaddy.com as the sponsor. The source said that has not changed. The GoDaddy.com sponsorship will be only for the races in which Patrick drives, sources said. JRM continues to look for sponsors for the #88 that will be driven by Kelly Bires and any remaining races for the second car. When Patrick announced her three-year extension with Andretti Autosport last week in New York a picture appeared on her Web site with her in a NASCAR fire suit bearing a JRM and other NASCAR-related logos. It quickly was removed [see the image - click here]. The plan is to enter Patrick in the ARCA Series opener in February at Daytona International Speedway and get her approved by NASCAR for the Nationwide [Daytona] race. ARCA owner Bobby Gerhart recently was contacted about putting Patrick in one of his cars for a Dec. 18-20 test at Daytona. He told ESPN.com on Monday he expected her to be in a car prepared by JR Motorsports at the test. "My gut feeling is I think she'll drive something out of Mooresville, N.C.,'' he said, referring to the location of JR. "That's what I'm hearing. It'll be that powerful of a program that that's the way it would go if that happens.''(ESPN.com and Associated Press)(12-7-2009)

~Jayski
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Danica announcement Tuesday?   Danica announcement Tuesday? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:31 am

Ya beat me to it Andrew ... I was just getting ready to post this Laughing

I really hope they get sponsorship (soon) for the #88
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Danica announcement Tuesday?   Danica announcement Tuesday? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 9:25 am

Me too, that deal isn't looking good. Last I heard, JR said that they may only run about half the races for Kelly. That's disappointing.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Danica announcement Tuesday?   Danica announcement Tuesday? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:55 am

Yes, very disappointing. You would think that sponsors would be all over "Junior". I bet if he had a Cup driver in the seat there would be no sponsor problems. Sad
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Danica announcement Tuesday?   Danica announcement Tuesday? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:57 am

More details on Danica's deal ........................

Quote :
AND GoDaddy.com reports that Go Daddy Girl Danica Patrick reveals her NASCAR future on the GoDaddy.com site on Dec. 8, 11:00am MT / 1:00 pm ET.
HEARING that Tony Stewart could be involved in this somehow, part car owner? (12-8-2009)
UPDATE: At last, the long-awaited announcement is official  Go Daddy is taking Danica Patrick to the NASCAR Nationwide Series in 2010. Danica will drive the #7 GoDaddy.com Chevy in a partial Nationwide schedule next season, plus one ARCA race. The Go Daddy Girl will be racing as a member of the JR Motorsports (JRM) team owned by Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Rick Hendrick, Kelley Earnhardt and Tony Eury, Jr. through 2011. "It's been a long time coming, but the stars finally aligned for me with Go Daddy and JRM," Danica said just before making her announcement. "I have always said I love to drive, and if I could make it work to race in both IndyCar and NASCAR  with the right sponsor, like GoDaddy.com and the right team, like JRM  then I'd love to drive in NASCAR!" Go Daddy CEO and Founder Bob Parsons introduced Danica today as she made it official with the unveiling of her new stock car in front of fans and media outside Chase Field in downtown Phoenix. Parsons and the Go Daddy Girl driver were flanked by the brand new bright green #7 GoDaddy.com Nationwide Chevy and the equally distinctive 2010 IndyCar at today's news conference. Go Daddy is leveraging its existing relationship with Earnhardt, Jr. who has also driven for Go Daddy in the Nationwide Series and will continue to work as a Go Daddy spokesperson. Danica's NASCAR races would take place before, after and in between her IndyCar schedule. Michael Andretti, owner of Danica's IndyCar team, Andretti Autosport, addressed that issue. "Danica and I are both working hard for a win at the Indianapolis 500  keeping the race schedules separate will help keep her focused," Andretti said. (GoDaddy.com PR), It was also announced that Tony Eury, Jr. would be her crew chief. See an image of the car on the #7 Nationwide Series paint scheme page.(12-8-2009)
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Danica announcement Tuesday?   Danica announcement Tuesday? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:46 pm

I'm glad it's finally announced and we don't have to keep hearing about it until Danicamania starts with her first NW race...
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Danica announcement Tuesday?   Danica announcement Tuesday? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:52 am

Quote :
Danica's first Nationwide race at Fontana? After Danica Patrick announced she would supplement her IndyCar Series career by racing in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, informed sources said she will make her NASCAR debut at Auto Club Speedway in February. According to sources who requested anonymity as they are not authorized to officially speak on the matter, Patrick will race for JR Motorsports at the Feb. 20 Nationwide Staters Bros. 300 at the Fontana track. Her full Nationwide schedule is expected to be released in a news conference next week. "We have not heard anything," said David Talley, director of communications for the speedway. "I know our race fits into the window of racing before and after the IndyCar Series. If Patrick does race stock cars at Auto Club Speedway, it will mark her second appearance on the 2-mile speedway. In her rookie IndyCar season in 2005, she finished 18th in the Toyota Indy 400 after qualifying fourth.(Los Angeles Daily News)(12-10-2009)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danica announcement Tuesday?   Danica announcement Tuesday? Empty

Back to top Go down

Danica announcement Tuesday?
Page 1 of 1