Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout

Go down 
+2
Yatesracing
TeamBlueOval
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout Empty
PostSubject: Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout   Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 4:17 pm

Bill Elliott will reportedly drive the #6 UPS Ford in the Budweiser Shootout in place of David Ragain who isn't eligible for the race.

Bill will then resume his role with the Wood Brothers beginning with the Daytona 500.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Yatesracing

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout   Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 4:38 pm

Goody-good two-shoes:D
Back to top Go down
jiggastyles09

jiggastyles09

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout   Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:19 am

that's really good news! i bet Bill will be hapy to be in roush equipment Smile
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout   Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:07 am

two big thumbs up for this one cheers (amd raised hands lol)
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout   Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:55 am

When I first read this I thought it was rather strange. Why not in a car for the Woods? But now that I've had time to think about it.... why run the chance of tearing a WBR car. They don't have equipment to spare (w/running just a partial schedule) .... So Good for Bill Very Happy <Roush can afford it .... JK Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout   Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 3:25 am

This isn't surprising to me since the #6 also runs Fords. Hope Jack gives Bill a good car that he can run up front with!
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout   Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:12 am

I'm sure that the Woods would have liked to go to the Shootout, but like DeeDee said, it's a money issue. It costs money to send the stuff down and run the race, plus you run the risk of destroying a race car. (Also, the Daytona 500 is the only plate race that the Woods will run this year, so they may only have 1 or at most 2 plate cars, so they need to hang on to them for the 500!)

I think this is great for Bill... wish him the best.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout   Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout Empty

Back to top Go down

Bill Elliott driving for ROUSH FENWAY in Shootout
Page 1 of 1