Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prism to 2 teams, start and park?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Prism to 2 teams, start and park? Empty
PostSubject: Prism to 2 teams, start and park?   Prism to 2 teams, start and park? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 11:08 am

Quote :
Blaney back with Prism, McDowell too: Dave Blaney will remain driver of the #66 Toyota with the Prism Motorsports team owned by Phil Parsons and Randy Humphrey even though he was a start and park driver in 29 of his 30 races for the team in 2009. The teamt is adding a second car to be driven by Michael McDowell, Parsons said Friday as he and Humphrey try to find an economic model that will allow Blaney to race this year. "Dave is our guy," Parsons said. "We didn't want to be a start and park last year. But we're trying to build something for the future and that's what we had to do to survive without sponsorship. We want to race this year. We're talking to people about sponsorship but don't have anything yet. We hope to have the money from the outside that will let Dave race. But if we don't, we want to be able to do it ourselves. And having the second car is part of that." Blaney said he talked to some other teams. "I talked to a couple of other small teams like Phil but this turned to be the best," Blaney said. "Phil's trying to get something established and they are heading in the right direction." He said that he inquired about the [#49] BAM Racing ride and had not taken a look into an opportunity with Vermont businessman Bill Jenkins, who has purchased Roush Fenway Racing's #26 team. "I talked to the BAM people at Homestead in November but I never heard anything from them, so I don't know what they are doing," Blaney said. "I don't know anything about that new team but I would imagine that will go to one of the drivers associated with Roush." Parsons said that no matter the circumstances, Blaney will race the full distance in the Daytona 500 if he qualifies. "Daytona pays enough purse that you can afford to race," Parsons said. "We've got to concentrate on going down there and racing our way in."(High Point Enterprise)(1-18-2010)
~Jayski

Well, I hope they let Blaney race most of the time, and not park TWO cars every week.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Prism to 2 teams, start and park?   Prism to 2 teams, start and park? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 3:41 am

I doubt any car fielded by this team will try to go the full distance in any race. This team certainly does not have my respect by just showing up to collect the paycheck. If they were trying to build up, they would at least run a full race when they have the money.
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Prism to 2 teams, start and park?   Prism to 2 teams, start and park? EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 3:55 pm

Let Dave race!
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Prism to 2 teams, start and park?   Prism to 2 teams, start and park? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:19 am

well this way nascar can have a 43 car field.............
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prism to 2 teams, start and park?   Prism to 2 teams, start and park? Empty

Back to top Go down

Prism to 2 teams, start and park?
Page 1 of 1