Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prism Motorsports to attempt 500 with Labonte

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Prism Motorsports to attempt 500 with Labonte Empty
PostSubject: Prism Motorsports to attempt 500 with Labonte   Prism Motorsports to attempt 500 with Labonte EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 6:16 pm

Quote :
Former NASCAR driver Phil Parsons and Randy Humphrey have announced the formation of Prism Motorsports and say they will enter two-time Cup champion Terry Labonte in the Daytona 500 and have Dave Blaney take over for the rest of the Sprint Cup season.

The team will field Toyotas in 2009, a news release said, and Bill Henderson will serve as crew chief.

Sponsorship for the 500 will come from Window World, a window remodeling company based in North Wilkesboro, N.C.

“Randy and I have both long dreamed of owning a Cup team, and now that day has arrived,” said Parsons, who is a Speed channel analyst. “And to secure Terry Labonte and Window World for Daytona is more than we could have possibly hoped for our first race out of the box.”

Blaney, Humphrey said, is a driver “we believe we can build a great team around.”

The news release said Prism has formed a technical alliance with Michael Waltrip Racing and that Joey Arrington will provide engines.

“Randy and I are committed to building an organization founded on integrity and driven to succeed, one that every team member and every sponsor can be proud of,” Parsons said.

Financial terms of the sponsorship were not disclosed.
~Scene Daily~

According to Jayski, Dave Blaney will take over the ride after Daytona for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Prism Motorsports to attempt 500 with Labonte   Prism Motorsports to attempt 500 with Labonte EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 7:47 pm

:/ that makes Bill #3
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Prism Motorsports to attempt 500 with Labonte   Prism Motorsports to attempt 500 with Labonte EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 9:39 pm

Sure does ... the 21 is probably going to have to make it on speed.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Prism Motorsports to attempt 500 with Labonte   Prism Motorsports to attempt 500 with Labonte EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 7:18 pm

Good for Terry that he got a ride. Smile

As for Bill and the 21 team, things are not looking good for them. Terry's probably going to need to take the provisional, so I would guess the pressure is on Bill to make the race on speed. I just hope the 21 runs better in this year's Duels than it did in last year's.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Prism Motorsports to attempt 500 with Labonte   Prism Motorsports to attempt 500 with Labonte EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 5:25 pm

Bill and Tony both made it on speed, so Terry is now free to use the provisional.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Prism Motorsports to attempt 500 with Labonte   Prism Motorsports to attempt 500 with Labonte EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:03 pm

yay! so far I've gotten ones I've wanted in the race..... the only one I really would like to see in the race now is Joe.... not so sure about his equipment tho if it'll last
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prism Motorsports to attempt 500 with Labonte   Prism Motorsports to attempt 500 with Labonte Empty

Back to top Go down

Prism Motorsports to attempt 500 with Labonte
Page 1 of 1