Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR... Empty
PostSubject: Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR...   Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR... EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:08 pm

Quote :
If #8 team closes, Truex could be free agent..to Gibbs? The buzz in the garage has Earnhardt Ganassi Racing shutting down the #8 Chevy and sidelining Aric Almirola after this weekend if a sponsor doesn't magically appear. If that happens, three contracts are affected: #1-Martin Truex Jr., Bass Pro Shops Racing and Chevy. Truex's contract states that he must have two teammates or he can leave the team. Bass Pro Shops has a performance clause and with Truex 28th in owner points, the #1 team is in a precarious position. Finally, Chevy can alter its support to EGR if three teams are not under the roof. The hot rumor at Martinsville last week had Truex replacing Joey Logano in the #20 Home Depot Toyota. Joe Gibbs Racing president J.D. Gibbs insisted Sunday and again by phone on Wednesday that "Joey's our guy. We haven't had any conversations with anyone," Gibbs said. "We'd like to have someone in line by summer time, but you have to sit down, look at what partner is available, what driver is available and who would be a good fit for the team. We had [#96] Hall of Fame last year and we don't have it now. So we have room for a fourth team. We'd love to have it."
Gibbs mentioned JGR's plans to run the #02 Farm Bureau Toyota to race later this season. An announcement was made in January that Farm Bureau Insurance was signed for six Cup races in 2009, including being the primary sponsor for two Cup races on Denny Hamlin's car at Darlington and Atlanta and on Logano's car at Martinsville. A fourth team will feature Farm Bureau as the title sponsor for the fall races at LMS, Texas and Homestead. Gibbs did not believe Farm Bureau was committed to a level where it could expand as a full-time sponsor in 2010.
Truex said on Friday that he's committed to staying the course. "When I give someone my word by signing a contract, if they keep theirs and I keep my mind, there's no reason to ever think about doing anything else, obviously," Truex said. "Right now, my focus is on getting this car better and moving up in the points. We're back here where we shouldn't be. We've never been back this far before and we've had a tough start to the year."
As for Bass Pro Shops, if Truex does leave. don't be surprised if the sponsor fills out Ryan Newman's program on the #39 Chevy at Stewart-Haas Racing [US Army is there for 23 races]. That deal, which is valued between $8 million and $10 million, could go down before summer.(FoxSports)(4-4-2009)
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
Dog

Number of posts : 808
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR...   Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR... EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:59 pm

boy that could definately spell disaster for EGR

I wonder if Teresa is kicking herself yet?

on the up side- Ryan could get a new sponsor and Burnt Toast wouldn't be here no more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR...   Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR... EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:47 pm

Quote :
EGR's #8 car parked: The #8 Sprint Cup Chevy, the centerpiece of Dale Earnhardt Inc. before its merger with Chip Ganassi Racing, is the latest casualty of the economy. Sources close to the situation said officials at Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates are parking the car driven by Aric Almirola until sponsorship is found. An announcement could come in the next 24 hours. EGR officials were not available for comment, but sources said a handful of employees have been let go, and that number could grow to 40 to 50 before all is said and done. Almirola ranks 37th in owner points heading into next week's race at Phoenix International Raceway. He is 59 points behind rookie Joey Logano, who occupies the final spot for the top 35 guaranteed a position in each race. Almirola has an average finish of 32.9 this season, finishing no better than 21st in seven races and no better than 33rd the past three. Parking that car leaves EGR with two full-time drivers in Martin Truex Jr. and Juan Pablo Montoya. Sources deny a report that Truex has a clause in his contract that would free him and primary sponsor Bass Pro Shops if he doesn't have at least two fulltime teammates.(ESPN.com)(4-7-2009)
[b]
Back to top Go down
FordGT

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR...   Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR... EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 2:16 pm

Funny to me that there are already rumors about Joey. Surely Home Depot and Gibbs didn't think Joey was going to come in and be anywhere near as good as Tony Stewart!?!
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR...   Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR... EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:35 pm

I heard that Home Depot didn't really want Joey in the car, and only OKed it when Gibbs convinced them they would still be running competitively with a shot at the Chase. Obviously, it's not working out quite as planned. There were also some rumors over the off season about Gibbs looking for a veteran driver to put on "stand-by" in case the deal with Joey didn't work out this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put someone else in the 20 this year, and let Joey do the full NW deal. I think that is what they need to do right now. Let him get some experience in NW and then bring him back to Cup in 2010.
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR...   Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR... EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if EGR ended up closing its doors after this season... or maybe sooner. Wink

They NEVER should have put Joey in the 20. I do like him, but he was rushed in way too fast. He should have spent at least one more year in Nationwide before moving up. 18 years old is far too young to be competing in the Cup Series.
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR...   Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR... EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 11:40 pm

1 more year? what do you mean more? 1 year would have helped.... really he shouldn't be up to cup until of 2 previous years in a lower series in nascar
Back to top Go down
Dog

PostSubject: Re: Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR...   Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR... EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 11:42 pm

one more question that will need to be answered..... will Jr get back into the 8 or stay in the 88?, dun dun duuuuunn stay tuned folks to see what happens
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR...   Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR... EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 1:47 am

JR shouldn't have any right to run the 8. I hope he has to keep the 88, and the 8 is given to another future team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR...   Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR... Empty

Back to top Go down

Closing 8 team could lead to bad things for EGR...
Page 1 of 1