Ford Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup

Go down 
+3
DeeDee
cascar_fan
TeamBlueOval
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

Number of posts : 1919
Registration date : 2009-01-14

NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup Empty
PostSubject: NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup   NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 2:33 pm

...by adding a "wild card" slot for past champions:
Quote :
The Budweiser Shootout field will increase by four drivers as NASCAR has added a wild-card entry in addition to the six from each of the manufacturers.

The field is open to the top six cars from 2008 owners points for each manufacturer (as long as the team still fields a car from that manufacturer in the race).

The seventh spot for each manufacturer will go to a past Cup champion. If there is no past champion, then the next eligible car in owners points get in.

The tentative lineup for the 2009 Budweiser Shootout:

• Chevrolet: Jimmie Johnson, Kevin Harvick, Casey Mears (now driving the No. 07 Richard Childress Racing car), Jeff Burton, Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Tony Stewart (past champion).

• Dodge: Kasey Kahne, David Stremme (No. 12 Penske), Kurt Busch, Reed Sorenson (planned No. 43 Gillett Evernham-Petty), Elliott Sadler, Robby Gordon and AJ Allmendinger (planned No. 10 GEM-Petty; seventh in points). Although Gordon will race a Toyota in 2009, he will run in the Budweiser Shootout in a Dodge.

• Ford: Carl Edwards, Greg Biffle, Matt Kenseth, David Ragan, Jamie McMurray and Bobby Labonte (likely as the wild card in No. 96 Hall of Fame). Paul Menard likely will get in, depending on how Yates Racing allocates its owner points.

• Toyota: Denny Hamlin, Joey Logano (No. 20 Joe Gibbs), Kyle Busch, Brian Vickers, David Reutimann, Michael Waltrip. The wild card likely will end up being Scott Speed.

The lineup also could change if a team no longer fielding a car is able to work out a partnership for a team to use its 2008 owner points. Earnhardt Ganassi Racing and Triad Racing Technologies (formerly Bill Davis Racing) have top-35 owner points that could be valuable for a current team outside the top 35.
~Scene Daily~

How stupid... the only reason for this is to get Stewart in the field. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://fordfans.forumotion.com
cascar_fan

cascar_fan

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup   NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 4:33 pm

If the Wood Bros decided to put Bill Elliott in the 21 car, wouldn't he qualify being a Past Champion?

I understand the format change, with the change of the race sponsor, I'm not saying I like it, I'm still non-comittal, but at least it gives every manufacturer an equal opportunity in the spotlight, and it also gives teams like the Wood Bros. a chance to run in the show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rpeer.com
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup   NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 6:11 pm

I thought the same thing, but Bobby Labonte will get the Ford Past Champion's spot in the Shootout since he is a more recent champion than Elliott.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

Number of posts : 1775

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup   NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 1:12 am

How stupid... the only reason for this is to get Stewart in the field. That was my same thought Shocked That's NASCAR for ya. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
roosterrage

roosterrage

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup   NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 1:58 am

The Shootout is a JOKE! This is so stupid. It should be anyone who one a pole last year, not all of this other crap they're throwing in.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup   NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 2:26 am

I agree Matt.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup   NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 3:20 am

I forgot to comment on:
Quote :
Dodge: Kasey Kahne, David Stremme (No. 12 Penske), Kurt Busch, Reed Sorenson (planned No. 43 Gillett Evernham-Petty), Elliott Sadler, Robby Gordon and AJ Allmendinger (planned No. 10 GEM-Petty; seventh in points). Although Gordon will race a Toyota in 2009, he will run in the Budweiser Shootout in a Dodge.

What's with that? There is no way that Robby should be allowed to run a Dodge. That's not right. Evil or Very Mad
So NASCAR want's TS and RG in the race. I don't know about you but I'm getting tired Sleep of this crap. Rolling Eyes
Like Matt said.... the Shootout is JOKE!
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup   NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 8:51 am

The initial change is because Budweiser does not want to be associated with the COORS pole award, but these most recent changes are ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup   NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:49 am

Its called the Tony Stewart Provisional

Robby thing beyond rediculous

This shootout is super idiotic
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
DeeDee
Admin
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup   NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 2:28 am

I guess we are all in agreement. Twisted Evil

Quote :
Robby to run a Dodge in Shootout: Sirius Speedway spoke to NASCAR representative Ramsey Poston today, and he confirmed that Robby Gordon is approved to run the Budweiser Shootout in a Dodge, before converting to Toyota for the remainder of Speedweek 2009. Gordon ran Dodges last season, but will campaign a Toyota in 2009. Both manufacturers have apparently signed-off on the arrangement. It is difficult to imagine why Dodge would approve of the deal, since it bumps Penske Racing’s Sam Hornish --a full-time Dodge driver in 2009 -- out of the race. The ruling also raises some potentially explosive scenearios. For instance, Chip Ganassi’s #42 car finished 25th in owners points last year, running as a Dodge. Based on Gordon's eligibility, Earnhardt-Ganassi Racing could presumably build a Dodge and put Juan Pablo Montoya into the Shootout, bumping AJ Allmendinger.(Sirius Speedway)(1-17-2009)
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TeamBlueOval
Admin
TeamBlueOval

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup   NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 10:00 am

Why would Dodge approve that deal with Robby? He's not going to drive a Dodge all season?!?

If they didn't let Robby in, Sam Hornish would have gotten to race.
Back to top Go down
RacingDude

RacingDude

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup   NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:13 pm

Truth is, I haven't liked the new Shootout Format since it was announced. I understand Budweiser doesn't like to be associated with a rival brewery such as Coors, but many long-time fans think the change is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Dog

Number of posts : 808

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup   NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 1:04 am

Dodge must even think Robby is a better driver than Sam and less likely to cause a wreck

barely
Back to top Go down
http://www.faithfreaks.com/Dog
98nascartruck

98nascartruck

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup   NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 10:35 am

roosterrage wrote:
The Shootout is a JOKE! This is so stupid. It should be anyone who one a pole last year, not all of this other crap they're throwing in.

I agree 100%
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup   NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup Empty

Back to top Go down

NASCAR adds Tony Stewart to Shootout lineup
Page 1 of 1